emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* special table from clock
@ 2014-03-13 16:25 Martin
From: Martin @ 2014-03-13 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I know, this is a very special question, but I hope you have some ideas
about that.

I'd like to create a table from my org file appointments:

Table for March 2014
| Day | Kind | Eltern | Familie | km |
|-----+------+--------+---------+----|
|   1 |      |      4 |       3 | 32 |
|   2 |      |        |         |    |
|   3 |    2 |        |         |    |
|   4 |    6 |        |       4 | 32 |
|     |      |        |         |    |

This is where Day is the day of the month, Kind, Eltern, Familie are
something like categories the appt belongs to, maybe not categories but
subcategories.  km is the distance of driving for that job.  The count
below the subcategories are not hours, that are quater hours, so a
number of 4 tells me it is one hour.

At the end of the table I'd like to have it summarized per subcategory
and the km.

But I'm unsure how to store the data for that in my APPT entries:  I
could use properties (but how?)  and I would really like to use the
CLOCK entries for calculating the times.

Thanks for your Ideas,
Martin

* Re: special table from clock
@ 2014-03-19 11:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-19 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

Martin <kleinerdrache@gmx.at> writes:

> But I'm unsure how to store the data for that in my APPT entries:  I
> could use properties (but how?)  and I would really like to use the
> CLOCK entries for calculating the times.

Well, this *is* a complex request.

One quick idea is to use properties and to look at org-collector.el
from the contrib/ repository.

What is not clear is whether you are confortable with writing Elisp.
If you are, then starting from org-collector.el and writing your own
transformation functions will surely lead to something... sorry for
not being more helpful here.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: special table from clock
@ 2014-03-19 18:43   ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2014-03-19 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Bastien writes:

> Hi Martin,
>

> One quick idea is to use properties and to look at org-collector.el
> from the contrib/ repository.

Where do I find the contrib/ repository?

> What is not clear is whether you are confortable with writing Elisp.
> If you are, then starting from org-collector.el and writing your own
> transformation functions will surely lead to something... sorry for
> not being more helpful here.

I think you are very helpful for me, because I thought about that.  I
didn't know much about elisp, but at the moment I'm creating a new
package for me, for another special purpose.

So what I think now is, I'd like to get some elisp functions which can
parse my orgmode files, where I have i.e. an appointment APPT or an TODO
entry and getting things (keywords, CLOCK:, properties out of it and
also the text after my things (or should I the text in a Drawer, maybe
its easyer for parsers later) - getting the things out of the entries
and work with them on in any other way.

so if org-collector is a good way to see how it works, it would be very
useful for me.

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: special table from clock
@ 2014-03-20 21:56     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-20 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Martin,

Martin <kleinerdrache@gmx.at> writes:

> Where do I find the contrib/ repository?

~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
~$ cd org-mode/contrib/

or http://orgmode.org/org-8.2.5h.zip, unzip, and open the*
contrib/ directory.

> So what I think now is, I'd like to get some elisp functions which can
> parse my orgmode files, where I have i.e. an appointment APPT or an TODO
> entry and getting things (keywords, CLOCK:, properties out of it and
> also the text after my things (or should I the text in a Drawer, maybe
> its easyer for parsers later) - getting the things out of the entries
> and work with them on in any other way.

(org-entry-get (point) "APPT") will get you the value of the property
APPT in the current subtree.  Same for other properties.  As for more
fine-grained parsing, start with (org-element-at-point) -- but beware
this can lead to a long trip into the internals.

You can also check: http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html,
by Nicolas, which gives a thorough introduction to Org syntax.

> so if org-collector is a good way to see how it works, it would be very
> useful for me.

Please check it and let us know about your progress.

Best,

--
 Bastien