emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* caption inside threeparttable
@ 2015-09-01 12:56 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-09-01 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a table like below. How can I get the caption inside threeparttable? Keeping caption outside threeparttable makes it go wider than the table width.

Vikas

#+NAME: energy-cost-uk
#+CAPTION: I have a long caption that is wider than the table and it goes beyond the table much to my dislike
#+begin_table
#+begin_threeparttable
#+attr_latex: :environment tabulary :width \textwidth :align lC :center  :font \small
|------------------------------------------------------+---------------|
| Food group                                           | Average |
|------------------------------------------------------+---------------|
| alskjd askjd askjdh                     |          1.26 |
| d skdjhf s                                |          9.13 |
| mk dls hds                                 |          4.75 |
| Meat, protein |          4.93 |
| Food and sugar             |          3.11 |
|------------------------------------------------------+---------------|
#+attr_latex: :options [flushleft]
#+begin_tablenotes
#+begin_footnotesize

\textit{Source}: \citet{nicholas2014}.

#+end_footnotesize
#+end_tablenotes
#+end_threeparttable
#+end_table

* Re: caption inside threeparttable
@ 2015-09-01 14:10 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-09-01 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> I have a table like below. How can I get the caption inside
> threeparttable? Keeping caption outside threeparttable makes it go
> wider than the table width.

Next time please also include desired output.

Anyway try this:

0. (add-to-list 'org-latex-caption-above 'special-block)

1.  Example:

    #+NAME: energy-cost-uk
    #+begin_table
    #+CAPTION: I have a long caption that is wider than the table and it goes beyond the table much to my dislike
    #+begin_threeparttable
    #+attr_latex: :environment tabulary :width \textwidth :align lC :center  :font \small
    |---------------------+---------|
    | Food group          | Average |
    |---------------------+---------|
    | alskjd askjd askjdh |    1.26 |
    | d skdjhf s          |    9.13 |
    | mk dls hds          |    4.75 |
    | Meat, protein       |    4.93 |
    | Food and sugar      |    3.11 |
    |---------------------+---------|
    #+attr_latex: :options [flushleft]
    #+begin_tablenotes
    #+begin_footnotesize

    @@latex:\textit{Source}: \citet{nicholas2014}.@@

    #+end_footnotesize

    #+end_tablenotes
    #+end_threeparttable
    #+end_table

    Output, which I did not test:

     \begin{table}
     \label{orgspecialblock1}

     \begin{threeparttable}
     \caption{I have a long caption that is wider than the table and it goes beyond the table much to my dislike}
     {\small
     \begin{tabulary}{\textwidth}{lC}
     \toprule
     Food group & Average\\
     \midrule
     alskjd askjd askjdh & 1.26\\
     d skdjhf s & 9.13\\
     mk dls hds & 4.75\\
     Meat, protein & 4.93\\
     Food and sugar & 3.11\\
     \bottomrule
     \end{tabulary}}
     \begin{tablenotes}[flushleft]
     \begin{footnotesize}

     \textit{Source}: \citet{nicholas2014}.
     \end{footnotesize}
     \end{tablenotes}
     \end{threeparttable}
     \end{table}

Hope it's what you are looking for.

Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!

* Re: caption inside threeparttable
@ 2015-09-01 15:25 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-09-01 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday,  1 Sep 2015 at 18:26, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I have a table like below. How can I get the caption inside
> threeparttable? Keeping caption outside threeparttable makes it go
> wider than the table width.

One option would be to put the table and caption within a centred
minipage of the desired width using LaTeX directives?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-176-g45abec

* Re: caption inside threeparttable
@ 2015-09-02  2:15   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-09-02  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>
> Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:
>
>> I have a table like below. How can I get the caption inside
>> threeparttable? Keeping caption outside threeparttable makes it go
>> wider than the table width.
>
> Next time please also include desired output.
>
> Anyway try this:
>
> 0. (add-to-list 'org-latex-caption-above 'special-block)
>

> Hope it's what you are looking for.

Worked like a charm! Thank you.

Vikas