emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Problem with  org-export--delete-comments
@ 2015-12-17 18:27 Ethan Ligon
From: Ethan Ligon @ 2015-12-17 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've long used the following construction for displayed equations in org
#
\[
    u_i(c)=p_i\lambda
\]
#
which (i) gives nice space for reading equations in the org-source, and
(ii) nicely protects the display equation from (fill-paragraph) and
friends.

However, exporting with this construction *stopped* working after commit
53a4209; what happens now is that ox.el replaces the # with a blank line,
breaking my single paragraph into  three.

A related problem: one can no longer have commented lines in (at least
some) property drawers.

It seems to me that the correct solution would have org-export--delete-
comments actually delete a single line comment, not replace it with  \n, as
was the case prior to  the  indicated commit.

I gather that the change was introduced to deal with a bug observed by
Samuel Wales (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/102860; see also
below).  His problem example involved incorrectly truncated footnotes
(these are deemed to end after two blank lines).  But it seems to me that
the correct solution to his example is to  delete *both* the  commented
line and the  following blank line.

I regard this as a bug, but if it's not how do others deal with similar
issues?

Thanks,
-Ethan Ligon

* Sam Wales' example: commenting a paragraph will truncate footnotes
in xanadu[fn:b3e0f07]

um

# comment

[fn:b3e0f07]