emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-clock-in only in current buffer
@ 2017-10-09 16:16 Julian M. Burgos
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2017-10-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear org-moders,

Until a recent update (or an unintended change in my configuration), I
was able to clock in a task (org-clock-in) *without* org mode trying to
find open clocks.  I cannot figure out what changed, but now
org-clock-in opens all my agenda buffers searching for open clocks, which is not very convenient as I have dozens of agenda files.
What would be the best way to a) restrict the search of open clocks to
the current buffer, or b) turn off the search of open clocks?

Many thanks

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnun, rannsókna- og ráðgjafarstofnun hafs og vatna/

* Re: org-clock-in only in current buffer
@ 2017-10-13 14:55 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2017-10-13 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian M. Burgos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Julian M. Burgos" <julian.burgos@hafogvatn.is> writes:

> Dear org-moders,
>
> Until a recent update (or an unintended change in my configuration), I
> was able to clock in a task (org-clock-in) *without* org mode trying
> to find open clocks. I cannot figure out what changed, but now
> org-clock-in opens all my agenda buffers searching for open clocks,
> which is not very convenient as I have dozens of agenda files. What
> would be the best way to a) restrict the search of open clocks to the
> current buffer, or b) turn off the search of open clocks?

I believe you can set org-clock-auto-clock-resolution to nil to stop
the search for open clocks.

Best,
Matt