emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* reftex label generation and referencing
@ 2013-07-04 16:16 Jan-Mark Batke
From: Jan-Mark Batke @ 2013-07-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Hi all.

I turned on reftex-mode in ord-mode and did some experiments with the
automated reftex label generation which I like a lot.

1. A reference is generated for Fig.~\ref{fig:1} nicely using reftex
   using C-c ) as shown in this text.
   #+BEGIN_LaTeX
   \begin{figure}[h]
      \centering
      \includegraphics{test}
      \label{fig:1}
      \caption{text}
    \end{figure}
   #+END_LaTeX
   However, reftex complains when using the automated label insertion
   as started by auctex when I use the latex editing buffer started
   with C-c', e.g.

   : reftex-access-scan-info: RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file

   so I inserted the label afterwards in the org-buffer.
   Is it possible to avoid that problem?

2. How do I actually address Figure~\ref{fig:name} (this is the latex
   way) using org-mode means (to be more generic)?

   #+name: fig:name
   #+caption: Figure
  [[  ./figure.png]]

3. Is there a difference between #+name: and #+label: to label a
   figure?

Best

Jan-Mark

--
Jan-Mark Batke  badkey@gmx.net
FON +49 511 33 64 800

* Re: reftex label generation and referencing
@ 2013-07-04 16:44 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-07-04 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jan-Mark Batke <badkey@gmx.net> writes:

> 2. How do I actually address Figure~\ref{fig:name} (this is the latex
>    way) using org-mode means (to be more generic)?
>
>    #+name: fig:name
>    #+caption: Figure
>   [[  ./figure.png]]

Yeah, I'd also like to extend Refetex to use this "label" format.  I
haven't had time to look into it, though.
With equations it would also be nicer, e.g.

#+NAME: important-constant
\begin{equation}
x=1.
\end{equation}

Alas, I don't know how to do this.

For referencing to labels you can use LaTeX links, but it obviouesly
only work with the LaTeX backend.

–Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.