emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* font-lock fails with \to in a macro
@ 2016-04-06 11:26 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-04-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have the following macro to aid in presenting calculations in
solutions to coursework questions etc. for my teaching:

#+macro: calculate src_calc[:exports code]{$1} = @@latex:\fbox{@@ src_emacs-lisp{(setq var-$2 (string-to-number (calc-eval "evalv($1)")))} \to $2 @@latex:}\\@@

The "\to" which org catches and converts to → on export causes a problem
with font-locking:

Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (wrong-type-argument vectorp →)

Using math mode directly, i.e. \(\to\) works just fine, at least for
LaTeX export, but I thought I'd mention this anomaly in case it bites
anybody else!

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-705-g716e33

* Re: font-lock fails with \to in a macro
@ 2016-04-06 12:46 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-04-06 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

> I have the following macro to aid in presenting calculations in
> solutions to coursework questions etc. for my teaching:
>
> #+macro: calculate src_calc[:exports code]{$1} = @@latex:\fbox{@@ src_emacs-lisp{(setq var-$2 (string-to-number (calc-eval "evalv($1)")))} \to $2 @@latex:}\\@@
>
> The "\to" which org catches and converts to → on export causes a problem
> with font-locking:
>
> Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (wrong-type-argument vectorp →)
>
> Using math mode directly, i.e. \(\to\) works just fine, at least for
> LaTeX export, but I thought I'd mention this anomaly in case it bites
> anybody else!

FWIW, I cannot reproduce it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: font-lock fails with \to in a macro
@ 2016-04-06 13:47   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-04-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday,  6 Apr 2016 at 14:46, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> FWIW, I cannot reproduce it.

Ignore.  Probably due to the same issue discussed elsewhere: my
modification of org-emphasis-alist... <deeper blush>

thanks!
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-705-g716e33