emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Export of inline source blocks
@ 2013-09-26 15:36 Jacek Generowicz
From: Jacek Generowicz @ 2013-09-26 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

When exporting an org file containing the line

,----
| Here is some source code: src_c++[:exports code]{int a;} It is inline.
`----

the following HTML is generated

,----
| Here is some source code: #+BEGIN<sub>SRC</sub> c++
| int a;
| #+END<sub>SRC</sub> It is inline.
`----

which looks approximately like this

,----
| Here is some source code: #+BEGINSRC c++ int a; #+ENDSRC It is inline.
`----

When rendered, as opposed to the desired

,----
| Here is some source code: int a; It is inline.
`----

where the 'int a;' would be syntax highlighted, use a proportional font,
etc.

Switching automitic subscripting off with

,----
`----

doesn't improve the situation. The generated HTML is now

,----
| Here is some source code: #+BEGIN_SRC c++
| int a;
| #+END_SRC It is inline.
`----

which has the equally unsatisfactory visual appearance

,----
| Here is some source code: #+BEGIN_SRC c++ int a; #+END_SRC It is inline.
`----

when rendered.

The experiments were performed with org mode 8.2 on Emacs 24.3.50.1

Could you point out my mistake, please?

Thank you.

* Re: Export of inline source blocks
@ 2013-09-26 16:51 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-09-26 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacek Generowicz; +Cc: Org Mode

Inline code blocks are meant for exporting results, not code.  I don't
believe Org-mode supports inline source-code export.  I'd use simple
verbatim markers instead.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: Export of inline source blocks
@ 2013-09-26 18:17   ` Jacek Generowicz
From: Jacek Generowicz @ 2013-09-26 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Eric Schulte writes:

> Inline code blocks are meant for exporting results, not code.  I don't
> believe Org-mode supports inline source-code export.

I see. Thanks.

> I'd use simple verbatim markers instead.

How would I persuade those not to collapse whitespace?

Both ~stuff~ and =stuff= get exported as <code>stuff</code>, while

#+BEGIN_SRC lang
stuff
#+end_SRC

gets exported as <pre class="src src-lang"> ... </pre>