emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-29 19:57 Xin
From: Xin @ 2015-12-29 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there any way to globally remove the postamble (author, created date, etc..)
of exported html from org-mode?

I tried (setq org-html-postamble nil) in my init.el, but it doesn't work.

I am using the latest versions of org an htmlize.

* Re: Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-30  5:46 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-12-30  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xin <zariskij@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way to globally remove the postamble (author, created date, etc..)
> of exported html from org-mode?
>
> I tried (setq org-html-postamble nil) in my init.el, but it doesn't work.

Try doing that *after* ox-html is loaded:

(eval-after-load "ox-html" (setq org-html-postamble nil))

--
Nick

* Re: Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-30  8:43   ` Xin
From: Xin @ 2015-12-30  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Xin <zariskij <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is there any way to globally remove the postamble (author, created date,
etc..)
> > of exported html from org-mode?
> >
> > I tried (setq org-html-postamble nil) in my init.el, but it doesn't work.
> >

> Try doing that *after* ox-html is loaded:
>
> (eval-after-load "ox-html" (setq org-html-postamble nil))

Thanks for the reply. But it doesn't seem to work either.

By the way, manually adding #+OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil to each org file does
work. Just everything I tried in init.el has no effect at all (the value of org-
html-postamble is indeed nil when I evaluate it).

* Re: Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-30 10:42     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-12-30 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xin <zariskij@gmail.com> writes:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Xin <zariskij <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Is there any way to globally remove the postamble (author, created date,
> etc..)
>> > of exported html from org-mode?
>> >
>> > I tried (setq org-html-postamble nil) in my init.el, but it doesn't work.
>> >

>> Try doing that *after* ox-html is loaded:
>>
>> (eval-after-load "ox-html" (setq org-html-postamble nil))
>>

> Thanks for the reply. But it doesn't seem to work either.
>
> By the way, manually adding #+OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil to each org file does
> work. Just everything I tried in init.el has no effect at all (the value of org-
> html-postamble is indeed nil when I evaluate it).

Does the following snippet work from a clean Emacs?  And a dirty?

(let ((org-html-postamble nil))
  (require 'ox)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (insert "x")
    (org-html-export-as-html)))

Rasmus

--
Nothing's wrong with an email that ends in a minor key

* Re: Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-30 22:19       ` Xin
From: Xin @ 2015-12-30 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Oops. I am very sorry for wasting your guys' time. I now found the problem: the
test org file somehow contains a line somewhere (I guess it was automatically
generated by org-mode when I first created the file) that overwrites html-
postamble to be auto.

* Re: Remove postamble in exported html from org-mode
@ 2015-12-31  3:44         ` B.V. Raghav
From: B.V. Raghav @ 2015-12-31  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Xin <zariskij@gmail.com> writes:

> Oops. I am very sorry for wasting your guys' time. I now found the problem: the
> test org file somehow contains a line somewhere (I guess it was automatically
> generated by org-mode when I first created the file) that overwrites html-
> postamble to be auto.

May be the html options template inserted using 'C-c e # html RET' was
the cause. To my Org (bundled with Emacs 24.5.1 on debian) this is the
first line:

(B.V. Raghav)