emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* show future scheduled date in Agenda
@ 2018-01-27 18:10 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2018-01-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I have a custom agenda with a section that is generated with:

(todo "WAITING|VERIFY" ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Waiting or Verify")))

And it generates an Agenda section that looks like:

Waiting or Verify
 Foo: WAITING Something
 Bar: WAITING Other Thing    :tag:
 Bar: VERIFY  Did X happen?

Is it possible to show SCHEDULED dates for these items? I often set something to WAITING and re-schedule it for +7d, but would like to know at a glance when something is scheduled (if it is). The new Agenda section might look like:

Waiting or Verify
 Foo: WAITING [2018-06-10 Sun] Something
 Bar: WAITING [2018-09-22 Sat] Other Thing    :tag:
 Bar: VERIFY  Did X happen?

Or

Waiting or Verify
 Foo: WAITING [42d]  Something
 Bar: WAITING [212d] Other Thing    :tag:
 Bar: VERIFY         Did X happen?

Is this fairly easy to do? Can the Table view support something like this?

Thanks,

  -k.

* Re: show future scheduled date in Agenda
@ 2018-01-28 13:08 ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2018-01-28 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a custom agenda with a section that is generated with:
>
> (todo "WAITING|VERIFY" ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Waiting or Verify")))
You will need to do (agenda "WAITING|VERIFY" ...) for items that are
scheduled. They will be displayed only if you have adjusted value for
`org-scheduled-delay-days`.

> And it generates an Agenda section that looks like:

> Waiting or Verify
>  Foo: WAITING Something
>  Bar: WAITING Other Thing    :tag:
>  Bar: VERIFY  Did X happen?
>
> Is it possible to show SCHEDULED dates for these items? I often set something to WAITING and re-schedule it for +7d, but would like to know at a glance when something is scheduled (if it is). The new Agenda section might look like:

> Waiting or Verify
>  Foo: WAITING [2018-06-10 Sun] Something
>  Bar: WAITING [2018-09-22 Sat] Other Thing    :tag:
>  Bar: VERIFY  Did X happen?
I think you can adjust the format of this with some
variable. `org-agenda-prefix-format` has a specifier "%s" for scheduling
information. There must be a variable/function for formatting scheduling
information. I couldn't quickly find it though.

> Or

> Waiting or Verify
>  Foo: WAITING [42d]  Something
>  Bar: WAITING [212d] Other Thing    :tag:
>  Bar: VERIFY         Did X happen?
This should be available with the default prefix format for agenda type
entries in your custom agenda.

Best,
--
Narendra Joshi