emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org markup bug ?
@ 2015-10-31  5:33 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2015-10-31  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ML Emacs-orgmode

I have the following written in an org file:

      The =\,= allows you to put a Lisp expression there and the =#= is
       the /replace-count/.  Read /*replace-regexp*/ for more information.

When I render this in HTML I get the following:

       The \,= allows you to put a Lisp expression there and the =# is the
*replace-count*. Read *replace-regexp* for more information.

Is this a bug with the parser or am I doing something wrong ?

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: Org markup bug ?
@ 2015-10-31  9:23 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-10-31  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: ML Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:

> I have the following written in an org file:
>
>       The =\,= allows you to put a Lisp expression there and the =#= is
>        the /replace-count/.  Read /*replace-regexp*/ for more information.
>
> When I render this in HTML I get the following:
>
>        The \,= allows you to put a Lisp expression there and the =# is the
> *replace-count*. Read *replace-regexp* for more information.
>
> Is this a bug with the parser or am I doing something wrong ?

FWIW, I cannot reproduce it in development version. You may want to
update Org.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Org markup bug ?
@ 2015-10-31 14:57   ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2015-10-31 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi, ML Emacs-orgmode

I am currently using:

   Org-mode version 8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-195-gbf9146

I will try updating and seeing what happens.

--

@ 2015-10-31 15:24     ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2015-10-31 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi, ML Emacs-orgmode

Nicolas,

      Thanks for pointing out that the latest version works. I updated
org-mode and it seems to be working now.
I wonder what changed to cause it to work.

cheers,

      mehul

@ 2015-10-31 15:48       ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-10-31 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas,
>
>       Thanks for pointing out that the latest version works. I updated org-mode and it seems to be working now.
> I wonder what changed to cause it to work.

My guess would be

commit b4af3f0852e9705ddbac66d78cd8a508c547be85
Author: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Date:   Sun Oct 25 19:20:25 2015 +0100

    Allow more characters in emphasis

    * lisp/org.el (org-emphasis-regexp-components): Allow singe quote,
      double quote and comma as the last character in an emphasis string.

    Reported-by: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
    <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/102191>

--
Nick