emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [Proposal] Make Org keybinding popup buffer/window controllable?
@ 2019-02-20  4:23 stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2019-02-20  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

My notebook computer is a smaller screen computer. When I open 5, 6
windows, it will make every window small. When I using
`org-insert-structure-template` or `org-export-dispatch`, They have a
long length content, if those popup buffer are display in my small size
window. I can't see part of them. This is really annoying me.

Emacs built-in has a dynamic variable `display-buffer-alist'. I hope Org
can use functions which support this. Of course there are some packages
there to control popup buffers/windows. But seems not work well on Org
popup buffers.

So, please improve Org popup buffers. Really.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

* Re: [Proposal] Make Org keybinding popup buffer/window controllable?
@ 2019-02-20  8:21 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-02-20  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stardiviner; +Cc: Org Mode

On Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019 at 12:23, stardiviner wrote:
> My notebook computer is a smaller screen computer. When I open 5, 6
> windows, it will make every window small. When I using
> `org-insert-structure-template` or `org-export-dispatch`, They have a
> long length content, if those popup buffer are display in my small size
> window. I can't see part of them. This is really annoying me.

I don't know about org-insert-structure-template but you can scroll the
org-export-dispatch window with SPC.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.1-242-g7e98c5

* Re: [Proposal] Make Org keybinding popup buffer/window controllable?
@ 2019-02-20  8:44   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2019-02-20  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Org Mode

Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019 at 12:23, stardiviner wrote:
>> My notebook computer is a smaller screen computer. When I open 5, 6
>> windows, it will make every window small. When I using
>> `org-insert-structure-template` or `org-export-dispatch`, They have a
>> long length content, if those popup buffer are display in my small size
>> window. I can't see part of them. This is really annoying me.
>
> I don't know about org-insert-structure-template but you can scroll the
> org-export-dispatch window with SPC.

You're right. org-export-dispatch can navigate with SPC, Tab, DEL,
C-n/p. I noticed the headline now. Thanks.

I tried SPC in org-insert-structure-template, but not work. Because it's
taken by following keybinding. None of upper keybinding (SPC, Tab, DEL,
C-n/C-p) works.