emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Lowercase Properties Drawer?
       [not found] <1eda1dda867c5f8ae02f6586d8f65b07ab6d79df.camel@mailbox.org>
@ 2023-11-15 10:41 ` Henrik Hörmann
From: Henrik Hörmann @ 2023-11-15 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

It seems that inconsistencies with regard to lowercase/uppercase
conventions still abound. Is there a reason that `org-insert-property-
drawer' has a hardcoded `(insert ":PROPERTIES:\n:END:")'? I'd really
like to customize this.

(Sorry for the repeated mail, I sent the first one before I joined the
mailing list.)

* Re: Lowercase Properties Drawer?
@ 2023-11-15 10:53   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-11-15 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Hörmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Henrik Hörmann <leinfink@mailbox.org> writes:

> It seems that inconsistencies with regard to lowercase/uppercase
> conventions still abound. Is there a reason that `org-insert-property-
> drawer' has a hardcoded `(insert ":PROPERTIES:\n:END:")'? I'd really
> like to customize this.

Org keywords are case-insensitive. The choice of upper/lower case when
automatically inserting various Org elements is mostly historical.
Several commands determine the case from context though (not possible in
this particular case).

If you wish the case to be fully customizeable, feel free to submit a
patch. But that patch would need to work across Org, not just for
property drawers.

> (Sorry for the repeated mail, I sent the first one before I joined the
> mailing list.)

That one is most likely still under moderation. Our moderation is
manual, done by volunteers.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Lowercase Properties Drawer?
@ 2023-11-15 10:55     ` Henrik Hörmann
From: Henrik Hörmann @ 2023-11-15 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the quick answer! Okay, if there is no principled reason why
it shouldn't be customizable, I can try to get around to write a patch.
I assume there's a lot of other hardcoded cases flying around though,
so it might be a while.

> That one is most likely still under moderation. Our moderation is
> manual, done by volunteers.

I see, sorry for the spam. May the moderators just delete/ignore that
one then.

@ 2023-11-15 11:05       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-11-15 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Hörmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Henrik Hörmann <leinfink@mailbox.org> writes:

> Thanks for the quick answer! Okay, if there is no principled reason why
> it shouldn't be customizable, I can try to get around to write a
> patch.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
Feel free to ask anything if you encounter any difficulties.

> I assume there's a lot of other hardcoded cases flying around though,
> so it might be a while.

Yup. That's part of the problem. Another part is implementing such
customization in such a way that it is easy to remember the existence of
this new customization next time we add a new command that inserts Org
markup automatically.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,