emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Re: strange behavior for export -- Solved
@ 2010-05-04  9:36 Erik Butz
From: Erik Butz @ 2010-05-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

after some fiddling and looking at list-load-path-shadows (where I did
not find org-latex at all), I included
(require 'org-latex)
into my .emacs file, which solved the problem. This solution somewhat
puzzles me though, since I would have expected that org-latex is
loaded by default. But maybe I am missing something.

At any rate, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Eri K

@ 2010-05-04 10:26 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-05-04 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Butz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> after some fiddling and looking at list-load-path-shadows (where I did
> not find org-latex at all), I included
> (require 'org-latex)
> into my .emacs file, which solved the problem. This solution somewhat
> puzzles me though, since I would have expected that org-latex is
> loaded by default. But maybe I am missing something.

Most of it is autoloaded if you do `make autoloads' after pulling from
time to time, and have this line in your .emacs or similar:

  (require 'org-install)

Sebastian

@ 2010-05-04 15:49   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-05-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

On May 4, 2010, at 12:26 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after some fiddling and looking at list-load-path-shadows (where I
>> did
>> not find org-latex at all), I included
>> (require 'org-latex)
>> into my .emacs file, which solved the problem. This solution somewhat
>> puzzles me though, since I would have expected that org-latex is
>> loaded by default. But maybe I am missing something.
>

> Most of it is autoloaded if you do `make autoloads' after pulling from
> time to time, and have this line in your .emacs or similar:
>
>  (require 'org-install)
>

> Sebastian

Is there a reliable way within emacs to determine whether or not
(require 'org-install) has been called, other than opening .emacs or
similar to take a look?

Tom

@ 2010-05-04 16:15     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-05-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
> On May 4, 2010, at 12:26 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>
>> Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> writes:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after some fiddling and looking at list-load-path-shadows (where I did
>>> not find org-latex at all), I included
>>> (require 'org-latex)
>>> into my .emacs file, which solved the problem. This solution somewhat
>>> puzzles me though, since I would have expected that org-latex is
>>> loaded by default. But maybe I am missing something.
>>

>> Most of it is autoloaded if you do `make autoloads' after pulling from
>> time to time, and have this line in your .emacs or similar:
>>
>>  (require 'org-install)
>>

>> Sebastian
>>

> Is there a reliable way within emacs to determine whether or not (require
> org-install) has been called, other than opening .emacs or  similar to take a
> look?
>
> Tom

This here has to return `t':

   (featurep 'org-install)

You could use something like this in your init file:

    (unless (featurep 'org-install)
        (error "%s" "org-install: Required feature is missing!"))

Quite radical...

   Sebastian

@ 2010-05-04 18:25       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-05-04 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

On May 4, 2010, at 6:15 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

>>> Most of it is autoloaded if you do `make autoloads' after pulling
>>> from
>>> time to time, and have this line in your .emacs or similar:
>>>
>>> (require 'org-install)
>>>

>>> Sebastian
>>>

>> Is there a reliable way within emacs to determine whether or not
>> (require
>> org-install) has been called, other than opening .emacs or  similar
>> to take a
>> look?
>>
>> Tom
>

> This here has to return `t':
>
>   (featurep 'org-install)
>

> You could use something like this in your init file:
>
>    (unless (featurep 'org-install)
>        (error "%s" "org-install: Required feature is missing!"))
>

> Quite radical...
>

>   Sebastian

Thank you Sebastian.  That looks like a useful predicate,

All the best,
Tom

@ 2010-05-05  3:03     ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-05-05  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> On May 4, 2010, at 12:26 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>
>> Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> writes:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after some fiddling and looking at list-load-path-shadows (where I
>>> did
>>> not find org-latex at all), I included
>>> (require 'org-latex)
>>> into my .emacs file, which solved the problem. This solution somewhat
>>> puzzles me though, since I would have expected that org-latex is
>>> loaded by default. But maybe I am missing something.
>>

>> Most of it is autoloaded if you do `make autoloads' after pulling from
>> time to time, and have this line in your .emacs or similar:
>>
>>  (require 'org-install)
>>

>> Sebastian
>>

> Is there a reliable way within emacs to determine whether or not
> (require 'org-install) has been called, other than opening .emacs or
> similar to take a look?

I believe that is

(featurep 'org-install)

or (featurep 'org-latex) might be relevant for the above discussion.

Dan