emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Using org-export-get-reference for strings
@ 2017-03-30 17:33 Mark Meyer
From: Mark Meyer @ 2017-03-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list,
In ox-epub I'm using several references to external stylesheets,
starting with the external name in the user filesystem I transform
these into a kind-of unique id that lives in the EPUB zip file.

Currently I'm doing this using a counter, generating zip entries in the
form of style-1.css. Can I use `org-export-get-reference' to generate
these ids? I would likely pass a simple string as the object to get a
reference to (the path the external stylesheet lives at).

From what I understand this would generate different references for
`foobar.css' and `../foobar.css' even when these are identical
documents. This should be fixed by passing `(expand-file-name style)' to
`org-export-get-reference'.

I'm not quite sure I understand `org-export-get-reference' correctly,
can you elucidate this?

Cheers, Mark
--
   Mark Meyer
   mark@ofosos.org

* Re: Using org-export-get-reference for strings
@ 2017-04-01  8:16 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-04-01  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org> writes:

> In ox-epub I'm using several references to external stylesheets,
> starting with the external name in the user filesystem I transform
> these into a kind-of unique id that lives in the EPUB zip file.
>
> Currently I'm doing this using a counter, generating zip entries in the
> form of style-1.css. Can I use `org-export-get-reference' to generate
> these ids? I would likely pass a simple string as the object to get a
> reference to (the path the external stylesheet lives at).
>
> From what I understand this would generate different references for
> `foobar.css' and `../foobar.css' even when these are identical
> documents. This should be fixed by passing `(expand-file-name style)' to
> `org-export-get-reference'.
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand `org-export-get-reference' correctly,
> can you elucidate this?

`org-export-get-reference' is meant to return a unique identifier for
objects in the parse tree. You cannot really use it for strings, as the
comparison is done with `eq', unless the strings are part of the parse
tree.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou