emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* certain files should not be folded
@ 2023-11-24 15:56 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-24 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I tried to follow
https://orgmode.org/manual/Initial-visibility.html
and put, for example,
#+STARTUP: nofold
or
#+STARTUP: showall
or

#+STARTUP: showeverything

But it did not work I close and open the file, but all headers are
folded, what do miss here.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the despicable pogroms.
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.

* Re: certain files should not be folded
@ 2023-11-24 17:09 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-11-24 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

The default is to show everything.  Do you have an VISIBILITY properties
in the file?

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.6-418-g294a4d in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: certain files should not be folded
@ 2023-11-24 17:47   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-24 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "FE" == Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> The default is to show everything.  Do you have an VISIBILITY properties
> in the file?
Since I am not sure what are precisely these VISIBILITY properties,
here is one example file

#+STARTUP: showeverything
#+title: nordstroem-field.tex
#+property: file-information ("a41dc43460f1abab60b8164d06bde036" "/home/oub/ALLES/HGs/XXXX/Pub/Preprints/Full-Euler-Nordstroem/" "nordstroem-field.tex" 27975 "2023-11-14T17:35:14" immutable-location)
* Note
  Try to prove global existence for the Nordstroem equation, by *our* method, but with a source generated by an irrotational fluid with a linear equation of state

I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the despicable pogroms.
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.
I support the EU and NATO membership of Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: certain files should not be folded
@ 2023-11-24 20:03     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-11-24 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday, 24 Nov 2023 at 18:47, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Since I am not sure what are precisely these VISIBILITY properties,

By VISIBILITY properties, I meant literally that: any properties
labelled as VISIBILITY.  But obviously you don't have any!

> here is one example file

which works just fine for me.  What do you actually get?

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: certain files should not be folded
@ 2023-11-24 20:18       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-24 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2023-11-25 10:13         ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-11-25 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I'll let others chime in because I definitely get the file with
everything opened.  Maybe tell us what version of org and emacs you are
using and also what happens if you start emacs with -Q to not include
your customizations?

--

@ 2023-11-25 13:10           ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-25 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "FE" == Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> I'll let others chime in because I definitely get the file with
> everything opened.  Maybe tell us what version of org and emacs you are
> using and also what happens if you start emacs with -Q to not include
> your customizations?

Right I assume I have to debug my init file, something is not right
there. Thanks for your time.

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the despicable pogroms.
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.
I support the EU and NATO membership of Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* [SOLVED] (was: certain files should not be folded)
@ 2023-11-25 17:17           ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-25 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode