emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Supress Contents frame in LaTeX beamer export
@ 2010-06-29 15:30 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-06-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've just did my first presentation with org.  Basically, it's pretty
impressive, but there are 2 things I could not figure out.

I use this setup in the org file:

#+STARTUP: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+TITLE: MOLA Opponent Review
#+AUTHOR: Tassilo Horn
#+EMAIL: horn@uni-koblenz.de
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid}\usecolortheme{default}

* Slide 1

  Hugo

* Slide 2

  Hugo

1. How do I supress the contents frame?  I only have 1-star headlines,
   each representing a frame.  So there are no sections at all, and the
   contents frame is empty. :-(

2. In the PDF presentation, the lower left bottom line says

     Tassilo Horn ()

   What information do I have to provide to fill out the empty part
   between the parens?  I've thought that this is for the email address,
   but although I've added #+EMAIL: (which was auto-completed with
   M-TAB), it doesn't appear in the PDF or the LaTeX source...

Thanks for any pointers,
Tassilo

* Re: Supress Contents frame in LaTeX beamer export
@ 2010-06-29 19:20 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-06-29 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> 2. In the PDF presentation, the lower left bottom line says
>
>      Tassilo Horn ()
>
>    What information do I have to provide to fill out the empty part
>    between the parens?  I've thought that this is for the email address,
>    but although I've added #+EMAIL: (which was auto-completed with
>    M-TAB), it doesn't appear in the PDF or the LaTeX source...

I managed to solve that one.  The field is for the value of
\institute{}, so now I have this setting line:

#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid} \institute{IST, University Koblenz}

Bye,

@ 2010-06-29 20:47 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-06-29 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> I use this setup in the org file:
>
> #+STARTUP: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+TITLE: MOLA Opponent Review
> #+AUTHOR: Tassilo Horn
> #+EMAIL: horn@uni-koblenz.de
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
> #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid}\usecolortheme{default}
>
> * Slide 1
>
>   Hugo
>
> * Slide 2
>
>   Hugo
>
> 1. How do I supress the contents frame?  I only have 1-star headlines,
>    each representing a frame.  So there are no sections at all, and the
>    contents frame is empty. :-(

I think

should do it.

Nick

* Re: Supress Contents frame in LaTeX beamer export
@ 2010-06-30 17:14   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-06-30 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

Hi Nick,

>> 1. How do I supress the contents frame?  I only have 1-star headlines,
>>    each representing a frame.  So there are no sections at all, and the
>>    contents frame is empty. :-(
>>

> I think

> should do it.

It does.