emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* To re-assign keys ?
@ 2009-11-14 21:55 lanas
From: lanas @ 2009-11-14 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

 I use orgmode on a daily basis and it's great.  Although it could be a
bit better if it was possible to copy/paste as in regular buffers.  In
a regular buffer (eg. C, Perl code for instance) I use to select
characters inside a line of text: Shift-Crtl-Right Arrow.  In orgmode
it does not work because, I suppose, this key sequence is used for
somethign else.  How would one re-assign that key sequence to something
else so that the regular text selection can also be used in orgmode ? -
Thanks.

Cheers.

* Re: To re-assign keys ?
@ 2009-11-14 23:07 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-11-14 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lanas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

lanas <lanas@securenet.net> writes:
> Hello all,
>
>  I use orgmode on a daily basis and it's great.  Although it could be a
> bit better if it was possible to copy/paste as in regular buffers.  In
> a regular buffer (eg. C, Perl code for instance) I use to select
> characters inside a line of text: Shift-Crtl-Right Arrow.  In orgmode
> it does not work because, I suppose, this key sequence is used for
> somethign else.  How would one re-assign that key sequence to something
> else so that the regular text selection can also be used in orgmode ? -
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers.

See:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10638/match=shift+selection

I never use shift selection, since it's poor compared to C-SPACE in
combination with emacs' moving commands.

There are shortcuts to select paragraphs, sentences and so on.

HTH

  Sebastian

* Re: To re-assign keys ?
@ 2009-11-14 23:12 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-11-14 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lanas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Lanas,

for short:

  M-x customize-variable RET org-disputed-keys RET

  M-x customize-variable RET org-replace-disputed-keys RET

      and set it to `t' (or `on')

BTW: I'll now go ahead and add an FAQ entry - if it doesn't exist yet
(`grep disputed-keys' says it does not).

 Sebastian