emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* hyperlink type for Claws-mail
@ 2017-04-26 19:02 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-26 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I do wonder if there is some way to add hyperlink type for Claws-mail?

Today, asked the same question in #claws and I was told that something
like this could work:

claws-mail --select [#mh/mailbox/]folder[/msg|/msgid]`

and tried with the following:

claws-mail --select '#imap/gour/INBOX/10254'

and I can confirm that it works.

The 'msgid' from above is visible within Claws when one enables 'Number'
column in Summary view…

Now I wonder what would be correct way to create such link(s) within
org-mode by invoking some function by feeding it the ’msgid’ or possibly
some more data ( mailbox, folder etc.) so that when I later click on
such created hyperlink the following:

claws-mail --select ...

is going to be invoked?

Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Perform your prescribed duty, for doing so is better than not
working. One cannot even maintain one's physical body without work.

* Re: hyperlink type for Claws-mail
@ 2017-04-27 18:43 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2017-04-27 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I do wonder if there is some way to add hyperlink type for Claws-mail?

org-link-set-parameters.

There are examples of its use for gnus, rmail, mhe, eww, w3m, irc and a few
others in the source. AFAICT, almost all of them define two functions, one
to follow the link and the other to store the link. E.g. org-gnus does this:

(org-link-set-parameters "gnus" :follow #'org-gnus-open :store #'org-gnus-store-link)

--
Nick