emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* function to select text of in a cell of a table
@ 2016-12-30 23:55 dmg
From: dmg @ 2016-12-30 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi everybody,

has anybody written a function to select the text in a cell of a table?

I needed to write a macro/command, but could not find one. Ideally it
should trim the whitespace in the ends.

Otherwise, I'll just write one.

thank you,

--daniel

--
--dmg

---
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org

* Re: function to select text of in a cell of a table
@ 2016-12-31  2:57 ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2016-12-31  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dmg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, dmg wrote:

> hi everybody,
>
> has anybody written a function to select the text in a cell of a table?

If you mean like what ob-ref.el uses to support babel references, yes.

Also see org-table.el.

If you just want support for working with Babel src blocks, see

 	(info "(org) var")

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: function to select text of in a cell of a table
@ 2016-12-31  3:54   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-12-31  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry, dmg; +Cc: emacs-org list

Check out this earlier thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-05/msg00240.html

You probably just need the org-table-mark-field definition from that.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016, 8:28 AM Charles C. Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, dmg wrote:
>
> > hi everybody,
> >
> > has anybody written a function to select the text in a cell of a table?
>
> If you mean like what ob-ref.el uses to support babel references, yes.
>
> Also see org-table.el.
>
> If you just want support for working with Babel src blocks, see
>
>         (info "(org) var")
>
> HTH,
>
> Chuck
>
> --

Kaushal Modi

* Re: function to select text of in a cell of a table
@ 2017-01-03 18:44     ` D M German
From: D M German @ 2017-01-03 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list, Charles C. Berry

 Kaushal Modi twisted the bytes to say:

 Kaushal> Check out this earlier thread:
 Kaushal> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-05/msg00240.html

 Kaushal> You probably just need the org-table-mark-field definition from that.

thank you both very much. Kaushal, your function is exactly what I
needed.

--daniel

 Kaushal> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016, 8:28 AM Charles C. Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> wrote:

 >> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, dmg wrote:
 >>
 >> > hi everybody,
 >> >
 >> > has anybody written a function to select the text in a cell of a table?
 >>
 >> If you mean like what ob-ref.el uses to support babel references, yes.
 >>
 >> Also see org-table.el.
 >>
 >> If you just want support for working with Babel src blocks, see
 >>
 >> (info "(org) var")
 >>
 >> HTH,
 >>
 >> Chuck
 >>
 >> --

 Kaushal> Kaushal Modi

--
Daniel M. German                  "If Microsoft ever does applications
   Linus Torvalds ->               for Linux it means I've won."