emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org-mode table/links -> mediawiki
@ 2017-06-18 11:01 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2017-06-18 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I'm at the stage of building an org-mode table to be exported to
mediawiki and its going to be the front page of my DrugFacts site.

So far I'm here -

| *Illegal*                       | *Category's*               | 	*Legal*       | *Prescription only*   | *Substitute*	    | *Others*       |
|-------------------------------+--------------------------+---------------+---------------------+-----------------+--------------|
| * Amphetamines                | * :Category:Anaesthetics | * Alcohol     | * Alprazolam        | * Buprenorphine | * Flumazenil |
| * AMT                         | * Analgesics             | * [[Betel nut][Betel nut]]   | * Citalopram        | * [[Methadone][Methadone]]     | * [[Naxolone][Naxolone]]   |
| * Anabolic Steroids           | * Anticonvulsants        | * [[Caffeine][Caffeine]]    | * Codeine           | * [[Naltrexone][Naltrexone]]    |              |
| * Benzodiazepines             | * Antidepressants        | * [[Paracetamol][Paracetamol]] | * Dextroamphetamine | * [[Suboxone][Suboxone]]      |              |
| * BZP                         | * Anxiolytics‏‎            | * [[Tobacco][Tobacco]]     | * Diazepam          |                 |              |
| * Cannabis                    | * Appetite suppressants‏‎  |               | * Fentanyl          |                 |              |

But I'm running up against problems, like these -

- If I make it an org-mode link, like in 'Betel nut' then when I try to
  export it I get a message like this "(user-error "Unable to resolve
  link: \"Betel nut\"") in user-error".
  - in mediawiki the link would be [[Betel nut]].

- In mediawiki 'Cannabis' is shown as [[Marijuana|Cannabis]], but
  org-mode thinks that its another column in the table.

Using an org-mode table means that its very easy to generate/export the
table into mediawiki format, so I really do want to use one, but I do
need to have an org-mode link be able to be changed into an mediawiki
link.

How can I resolve both these problems please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Org-mode table/links -> mediawiki
@ 2017-06-19  9:25 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-06-19  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hello,

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> I'm at the stage of building an org-mode table to be exported to
> mediawiki and its going to be the front page of my DrugFacts site.
>
> So far I'm here -
>
> | *Illegal*                       | *Category's*               | 	*Legal*       | *Prescription only*   | *Substitute*	    | *Others*       |
> |-------------------------------+--------------------------+---------------+---------------------+-----------------+--------------|
> | * Amphetamines                | * :Category:Anaesthetics | * Alcohol     | * Alprazolam        | * Buprenorphine | * Flumazenil |
> | * AMT                         | * Analgesics             | * [[Betel nut][Betel nut]]   | * Citalopram        | * [[Methadone][Methadone]]     | * [[Naxolone][Naxolone]]   |
> | * Anabolic Steroids           | * Anticonvulsants        | * [[Caffeine][Caffeine]]    | * Codeine           | * [[Naltrexone][Naltrexone]]    |              |
> | * Benzodiazepines             | * Antidepressants        | * [[Paracetamol][Paracetamol]] | * Dextroamphetamine | * [[Suboxone][Suboxone]]      |              |
> | * BZP                         | * Anxiolytics‏‎            | * [[Tobacco][Tobacco]]     | * Diazepam          |                 |              |
> | * Cannabis                    | * Appetite suppressants‏‎  |               | * Fentanyl          |                 |              |
>
> But I'm running up against problems, like these -
>
> - If I make it an org-mode link, like in 'Betel nut' then when I try to
>   export it I get a message like this "(user-error "Unable to resolve
>   link: \"Betel nut\"") in user-error".
>   - in mediawiki the link would be [[Betel nut]].
>
> - In mediawiki 'Cannabis' is shown as [[Marijuana|Cannabis]], but
>   org-mode thinks that its another column in the table.
>
> Using an org-mode table means that its very easy to generate/export the
> table into mediawiki format, so I really do want to use one, but I do
> need to have an org-mode link be able to be changed into an mediawiki
> link.
>
> How can I resolve both these problems please?

I guess you could use a dedicated Org -> MediaWiki export backend, e.g.,

  https://github.com/tomalexander/orgmode-mediawiki/

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou