emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Rationale for org-directory (any?)
@ 2019-02-19  0:03 Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2019-02-19  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I often wonder if the way org-directory is currently used has any
sense or is just a historical artifact.

I mean, when I list my refile targets and agenda files I have to
specify full paths, which isn't very convenient. But if instead of a
list I provide a file listing the paths, then the items in this list
are taken to be relative to org-directory. Also, capture targets are
relative to this variable. The result is a mix of relative and
absolute paths in my init.el that makes me turn everything absolute in
order to keep it sane.

Why does it work that way? Is it because some paths are resolved
relative to the current directory (unless they are configured as
absolute paths) while others don't?

Thanks!
--
Carlos

* Re: Rationale for org-directory (any?)
@ 2019-02-19 12:48 ` Christopher M. Miles
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2019-02-19 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use it for dynamic folder sync, I can use it different machine, just
change the ~org-directory~ variable. I use this variable in many place
to concatenate a whole path.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3