emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Excluding just heading from export
@ 2010-02-06 13:17 Paul Mead
From: Paul Mead @ 2010-02-06 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

is there any way of excluding just a heading from export, whilst exporting
the text below it in the usual way? If I use :noexport: it does what it
says in the documentation - prevents the entire subtree from exporting.

For my current work though, I'd like to use headings to rough out a
structure write notes - noexport is fine for this. Then in each section
I want to export the final 'written up' version. I can separate those
with different headings, but don't want the headings to show up in the
exported text.

Example:

* Essay title
** Notes on paragraph 1  :noexport:
These are notes which I want to remain hidden, including the heading
** Paragraph 1
This is the text I want to see exported, but I don't want the heading

Is this possible?
Paul

* Re: Excluding just heading from export
@ 2010-02-06 14:22 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-02-06 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Mead; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Paul Mead <paul.d.mead@gmail.com> writes:

> is there any way of excluding just a heading from export, whilst exporting
> the text below it in the usual way? If I use :noexport: it does what it
> says in the documentation - prevents the entire subtree from exporting.
>
> For my current work though, I'd like to use headings to rough out a
> structure write notes - noexport is fine for this. Then in each section
> I want to export the final 'written up' version. I can separate those
> with different headings, but don't want the headings to show up in the
> exported text.
>
> Example:
>
> * Essay title
> ** Notes on paragraph 1  :noexport:
> These are notes which I want to remain hidden, including the heading
> ** Paragraph 1
> This is the text I want to see exported, but I don't want the heading

One hack would be to use an export hook to remove headings with a
particular tag. E.g.,

(defvar my-org-export-remove-heading-tag "killtag")

(defun my-org-export-remove-headings-with-tag ()
  (while (re-search-forward (concat ":" my-org-export-remove-heading-tag ":") nil t)
    (beginning-of-line)
    (kill-line)))

(add-hook
 'org-export-preprocess-after-tree-selection-hook
 'my-org-export-remove-headings-with-tag)

Best,
Matt

* Re: Excluding just heading from export
@ 2010-02-06 14:58   ` Paul Mead
From: Paul Mead @ 2010-02-06 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> One hack would be to use an export hook to remove headings with a
> particular tag. E.g.,
>
> (defvar my-org-export-remove-heading-tag "killtag")
>
> (defun my-org-export-remove-headings-with-tag ()
>   (while (re-search-forward (concat ":" my-org-export-remove-heading-tag ":") nil t)
>     (beginning-of-line)
>     (kill-line)))
>
> (add-hook
>  'org-export-preprocess-after-tree-selection-hook
>  'my-org-export-remove-headings-with-tag)
>
> Best,
> Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll give that a try and see if it does what I need.

Paul