emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org entries from tables
@ 2013-07-03  8:19 Baptiste
From: Baptiste @ 2013-07-03  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

it is a nice feature to be able to export structured org entries as a table
(through column view generated table).

Is there a way back (or the other way), that is, create org entries with
associated properties from a table.

Lot of people is using spreadsheet to organise its data, then it would be
nice if their is an easy way to import this information formated as table
into an org file (structured as org entries, which is better for in many
ways).

Thanks.

--- Bat.

* Re: Org entries from tables
@ 2013-07-03  8:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-03  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Baptiste; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Baptiste,

Baptiste <bateast@bat.fr.eu.org> writes:

> Is there a way back (or the other way), that is, create org entries with
> associated properties from a table.

Not to my knowledge (and that of the Org FAQ, FWIW...)

Sorry!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org entries from tables
@ 2013-07-03  9:52   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-07-03  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Baptiste,
>
> Baptiste <bateast@bat.fr.eu.org> writes:
>
>> Is there a way back (or the other way), that is, create org entries with
>> associated properties from a table.
>
> Not to my knowledge (and that of the Org FAQ, FWIW...)
>
> Sorry!

If you were very, very adventurous, however, you could make a babel
block that read rows from a table, marshaled the data into an
org-element parse tree (maybe use `org-element-at-point' on an example
heading to see what the parse tree should look like), and then use
`org-element-interpret-data' to write the tree(s) as text in org syntax.
Probably a lot of work...