emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug: Regression in ox-texinfo export
@ 2016-02-08 11:08 Oleh Krehel
From: Oleh Krehel @ 2016-02-08 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At the current git master, the org source:

    #+BEGIN_TEXINFO
    @quotation
    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
    under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
    any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
    Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
    and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
    is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''

    (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
    modify this GNU manual.''
    @end quotation
    #+END_TEXINFO

results in the following .texi output:

    @TEXINFO
    @@quotation
    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
    under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
    any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
    Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
    and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
    is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''

    (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
    modify this GNU manual.''
    @@end quotation
    @end TEXINFO

This was done with `emacs -Q', no extra code except (require 'ox-texinfo).

Note that the above org source works fine with the built-in Org-mode:

    @quotation
    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
    under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
    any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
    Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
    and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
    is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''

    (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
    modify this GNU manual.''
    @end quotation

    @c Emacs 25.0.50.4 (Org mode 8.2.10)

regards,
Oleh

* Re: Bug: Regression in ox-texinfo export
@ 2016-02-08 13:23 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-02-08 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh Krehel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

The syntax change was announced in Dec last year:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-12/msg00525.html

It is now

#+BEGIN_EXPORT backend
#+END_EXPORT

On Monday, February 8, 2016, Oleh Krehel <ohwoeowho@gmail.com> wrote:

> At the current git master, the org source:
>
>     #+BEGIN_TEXINFO
>     @quotation
>     Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
>     under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
>     any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
>     Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
>     and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
>     is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''
>
>     (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
>     modify this GNU manual.''
>     @end quotation
>     #+END_TEXINFO
>
> results in the following .texi output:
>
>     @TEXINFO
>     @@quotation
>     Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
>     under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
>     any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
>     Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
>     and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
>     is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''
>
>     (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
>     modify this GNU manual.''
>     @@end quotation
>     @end TEXINFO
>
> This was done with `emacs -Q', no extra code except (require 'ox-texinfo).
>
> Note that the above org source works fine with the built-in Org-mode:
>
>     @quotation
>     Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
>     under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
>     any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
>     Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
>     and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
>     is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License.''
>
>     (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
>     modify this GNU manual.''
>     @end quotation
>
>     @c Emacs 25.0.50.4 (Org mode 8.2.10)
>
> regards,
> Oleh

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Bug: Regression in ox-texinfo export
@ 2016-02-08 13:42   ` Oleh Krehel
From: Oleh Krehel @ 2016-02-08 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> The syntax change was announced in Dec last year:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-12/msg00525.html
>
> It is now
>
> #+BEGIN_EXPORT backend
> #+END_EXPORT

Thanks, Kaushal. I wasn't aware of the change.

I assume that #+TEXINFO: and #+HTML: one-line blocks remain unchanged?

    Oleh