emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* disable table in EXAMPLE or QUOTE block
@ 2017-07-14  0:12 David Rogoff
From: David Rogoff @ 2017-07-14  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I’m trying to draw an ASCII picture in a BEGIN_QUOTE block.  However, since it contains vertical bars, when I hit return, it formats the whole block as if it were a table.  How do I stop this incorrect behavior?  I tried BEGIN_EXAMPLE but it acted the same.

I can work around it by using  colon-space at the beginning of each line instead of begin/end block but it’s a bit ugly.

Thanks - David

* Re: disable table in EXAMPLE or QUOTE block
@ 2017-07-14  8:33 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-07-14  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rogoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

David Rogoff <david@therogoffs.com> writes:

> I’m trying to draw an ASCII picture in a BEGIN_QUOTE block. However,
> since it contains vertical bars, when I hit return, it formats the
> whole block as if it were a table. How do I stop this incorrect
> behavior?

It is not incorrect. Quote blocks can contain tables per Org syntax.

> I tried BEGIN_EXAMPLE but it acted the same.

You could use C-c ' to edit example block in a different buffer, not in
Org mode.

> I can work around it by using colon-space at the beginning of each
> line instead of begin/end block but it’s a bit ugly.

The advantage of ": " is that C-c ' will put the new buffer in Artist
mode.

HTH,

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: disable table in EXAMPLE or QUOTE block
       [not found] <163a621f83b048d2bc1fa6a05eefb9fb@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-07-14  8:54 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-07-14  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode