emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org-mode idea?
@ 2008-11-06 14:21 Dennis Groves (CISG)
From: Dennis Groves (CISG) @ 2008-11-06 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello All,

I am sort of new to org-mode; I have been using it for some time but since I
am not a software engineer I am afraid I am not able to make use of all the
capabilities nor do I fully understand them all...

That said, in terms of life management; nothing even comes close to the
power and utility of org-mode in my experience so I use it.

I use org-mode for projects, exercise and fitness, and a daily task-diary.
And I currently do this all in one big giant unwieldy file.

I recently suffered a loss of data on my main computer. And as such I really
want to get my data into a git repository and have that backed up regularly.

(but I have been in management now for so long my developer tech skills have
really suffered - and this stuff isn't as obvious as it once was...)

I would also like to get the big file split out into many small files, so
that they are easier to work with.  I want to split this up into potentially
dozens of files in different subdirectories in my org folder. The structure
reflects my own mental outline of course.

Now my idea is this could agenda be made to read the subdirectories
recursively and scan the files there in for todo's? Sorta, like a compile?
Or could I have a single file that is simply a list of all the files to look
into in order to create my agenda?

Thank you,

And again, please forgive my 'newbness' ---

Dennis