emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* TODO list sorted across categories
@ 2013-07-07  5:36 Edward DeMeulle
From: Edward DeMeulle @ 2013-07-07  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to be able to produce a TODO list that is sorted by timestamp
independently of category. I'm still new to elisp and so don't yet
understand all the code involved. What I've been able to do so far is
create a separate version of org-todo-list by changing a single line:

      (org-set-sorting-strategy 'timestamp-up) ; was 'todo

however that appears to sort by timestamp within categories, not
across. Is there a relatively simply way to have org-todo-list ignore
categories?

* Re: TODO list sorted across categories
@ 2013-07-07  7:56 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-07  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward DeMeulle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Edward,

Edward DeMeulle <ed@demeulle.org> writes:

> I'd like to be able to produce a TODO list that is sorted by timestamp
> independently of category. I'm still new to elisp and so don't yet
> understand all the code involved. What I've been able to do so far is
> create a separate version of org-todo-list by changing a single line:
>
>       (org-set-sorting-strategy 'timestamp-up) ; was 'todo
>
> however that appears to sort by timestamp within categories, not
> across. Is there a relatively simply way to have org-todo-list ignore
> categories?

Did you try to set `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' for your agenda view?

That's the standard way of manipulating TODO list views you create on
the fly with M-x org-agenda RET.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien

* Re: TODO list sorted across categories
@ 2013-07-07 15:50   ` Edward DeMeulle
From: Edward DeMeulle @ 2013-07-07 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thank you. That was far simpler than I expected.