emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* About the in-buffer setting of nologdone
@ 2010-01-09  3:21 Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2010-01-09  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have enable variables org-log-done by following code:
------------
(setq org-log-done 'time)
(setq org-log-done 'note)
------------

But in some file I don't want to enable done time and done note, so I
use in-buffer setting to fix this. Here is the reference:
-----------
http://orgmode.org/manual/In_002dbuffer-settings.html
-----------

There are some explanation about "nologdone" variable. But I jsut can't
figure out how to use it as in-buffer setting.

How to use it? Any example?

Thanks

Water Lin

--
Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: About the in-buffer setting of nologdone
@ 2010-01-09 10:29 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-01-09 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:

> I have enable variables org-log-done by following code:
> ------------
> (setq org-log-done 'time)
> (setq org-log-done 'note)
> ------------
>
> But in some file I don't want to enable done time and done note, so I
> use in-buffer setting to fix this. Here is the reference:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/In_002dbuffer-settings.html
>
> There are some explanation about "nologdone" variable. But I jsut can't
> figure out how to use it as in-buffer setting.

Add the following to the top of your or org file:

#+STARTUP: nologdone

Then type C-c C-c on the line to refresh the buffer.

Best,
Matt