emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-create-formula--latex-header does not respect latex_header in included file
@ 2013-07-03 16:38 Bing Sun
From: Bing Sun @ 2013-07-03 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello list,

I have a separate org file for a rather complicated latex preamble and
then include it when needed. It works well for latex exporting but it
appears that org-create-formula--latex-header just ignores the
latex_header properties in the included org file when previewing latex
fragments.

Is this intended or am I missing anything?

BTW, I find it painful to maintain the latex preamble as the
latex_header properties, say
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\mathd}{\mathrm{d}}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\mathbf}[1]{\ensuremath{\boldsymbol{#1}}}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\op}[1]{\ensuremath{\operatorname{#1}}}

I'd like something like this,
#+BEGIN_SRC latex :preamble
 \newcommand{\mathd}{\mathrm{d}}
 \newcommand{\mathbf}[1]{\ensuremath{\boldsymbol{#1}}}
 \newcommand{\op}[1]{\ensuremath{\operatorname{#1}}}
#+END_SRC

Does that make any sense?

Regards.

* Re: org-create-formula--latex-header does not respect latex_header in included file
@ 2013-07-03 19:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-07-03 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bing Sun; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bing Sun <subi.the.dream.walker@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a separate org file for a rather complicated latex preamble and
> then include it when needed. It works well for latex exporting but it
> appears that org-create-formula--latex-header just ignores the
> latex_header properties in the included org file when previewing latex
> fragments.
>
> Is this intended or am I missing anything?

Yes, this is intended. Including files, or expanding Babel blocks, which
may create additional #+latex_header lines, would be too costly for
a simple preview.

OTOH, have you tried to use #+setupfile: instead of #+include:?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-create-formula--latex-header does not respect latex_header in included file
@ 2013-07-04  6:38   ` subi.the.dream.walker
From: subi.the.dream.walker @ 2013-07-04  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I DO missed the #+setupfile. Thanks for the tip!

Regards,

Bing Sun