emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* saveplace
@ 2007-11-29 13:36 Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer @ 2007-11-29 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

What's the best way to make a hook that runs show-entry on finding an org-mode
file, but after the save-place-hook? (Seeing as putting show-entry in org-mode-
hook doesn't work, since save-place goes afterwards.) Should I just append
something to find-file-hook that runs show-entry iff we're in org-mode?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

* Re: saveplace
@ 2007-11-30 12:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-30 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <kun041@student.uib.no> writes:

> What's the best way to make a hook that runs show-entry on finding an
> org-mode file, but after the save-place-hook? (Seeing as putting
> show-entry in org-mode- hook doesn't work, since save-place goes
> afterwards.) Should I just append something to find-file-hook that
> runs show-entry iff we're in org-mode?

Are you using the save-place feature in Emacs or XEmacs?  I've done some
searching in Emacs, and I found the right thing to do is to advise the
`save-place-find-file-hook' function.

Adding show-entry to org-mode-hook won't work because the mode is loaded
before save-place find the last saved place.

So here it is:

(defadvice save-place-find-file-hook (after show-entry activate)
  "In org-mode, show entry at point if any."
  (when (org-mode-p)
    (save-excursion
      (unless (catch 'no-entry
		(condition-case nil