emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* File generation from LaTeX src fails due to temporary PDF in wrong directory
@ 2023-03-28  8:04 Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2023-03-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orgmode

Hi,

I'm trying and failing to export images from TikZ code, apparently
because the temporary PDF is misplaced. Here is a minimal example just
exporting the PDF:

  #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}

  #+header: :fit yes
  #+begin_src latex :exports results :file ./test-tikz-triangle.png
    \begin{tikzpicture}             %
      \draw[draw=black, fill=blue!10] (0,4) -- (3,0) -- (-3,0) -- cycle;
    \end{tikzpicture}
  #+end_src

Execution fails with an error message like this:

  org-compile-file: File "/tmp/babel-Tay2kl/latex-IJVI84.pdf" wasn’t
  produced.  See "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" for details

It turns out, however, that the missing temporary file, here
latex-IJVI84.pdf, is in fact correctly produced. The problem is that it
is produced in the same directory as the source org file, not in the
temp directory.

I've had a quick look at org-compile-file, but don't understand what is
going wrong.

I'm running Org 9.6.2 on GNU Emacs 27.2 under Linux Mint, all very
vanilla.

Any suggestions?

Yours,
Christian

* Re: File generation from LaTeX src fails due to temporary PDF in wrong directory
@ 2023-03-29  8:00 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-03-29  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, mail

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:04:24 +0200, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote
Hi,

> I'm trying and failing to export images from TikZ code, apparently
> because the temporary PDF is misplaced. Here is a minimal example just
> exporting the PDF:

> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
>
> #+header: :fit yes
> #+begin_src latex :exports results :file ./test-tikz-triangle.png
> \begin{tikzpicture}             %
> \draw[draw=black, fill=blue!10] (0,4) -- (3,0) -- (-3,0) -- cycle;
> \end{tikzpicture}
> #+end_src

> Execution fails with an error message like this:
>
> org-compile-file: File "/tmp/babel-Tay2kl/latex-IJVI84.pdf" wasn’t
> produced.  See "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" for details

Hi Christian,
trying to reproduce this on a master (emacs30.0.50) on Ubuntu. To make it really
lightweight, I'm starting with
emacs -Q
but unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce it here :(

My emacs:

GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33,
 cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-03-26

Would you please try again, calling with emacs -Q and giving a couple
clues more of your process to confirm... It may be that I'm too modern
;-)

Thx, /Pedro A.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet