emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Reintroduction and Questions
@ 2023-06-25 15:12 Matt
From: Matt @ 2023-06-25 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello again!  I'm slowly settling in after moving to Germany and hoping to get back into maintenance.  As the FSF disclaimer is still being worked out with my employer, I'm hesitant to begin non-trivial code contributions.  Until then, I'm hoping to do things that don't require attribution, such as organizing tasks, issues, and updating Worg.

1. What do the FR, FP, RFC, and RFE Woof! prefixes stand for?  These are listed in https://tracker.orgmode.org/howto for the "request" type under the "Adding a report" section.  I assume FR is "Feature Request" and RFC is "Request for Comment".
2. Is anyone in the Hamburg, Deutschland area interested in meeting in person?  They say it's hard to make friends here and I'm taking applications :) I think it'd be cool to talk Emacs and work on contributions together.  Maybe we could coordinate this with an online Meetup (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-06/msg00196.html).

* Re: Reintroduction and Questions
@ 2023-06-25 16:12 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-25 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> Hello again!  I'm slowly settling in after moving to Germany and hoping to get back into maintenance.  As the FSF disclaimer is still being worked out with my employer, I'm hesitant to begin non-trivial code contributions.  Until then, I'm hoping to do things that don't require attribution, such as organizing tasks, issues, and updating Worg.

Thanks for the update!
Any help is appreciated.

> 1. What do the FR, FP, RFC, and RFE Woof! prefixes stand for?  These
> are listed in https://tracker.orgmode.org/howto for the "request" type
> under the "Adding a report" section.  I assume FR is "Feature Request"
> and RFC is "Request for Comment".

FR = feature request
RFC =  request for comments
RFE = request for evidence (I think).
Be warned though that Woof! is not yet stable (see
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/woof and https://lists.sr.ht/~bzg/woof).

> 2. Is anyone in the Hamburg, Deutschland area interested in meeting in person?  They say it's hard to make friends here and I'm taking applications :) I think it'd be cool to talk Emacs and work on contributions together.  Maybe we could coordinate this with an online Meetup (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-06/msg00196.html).

You may also try to ask on Emacs Berlin mailing list.
https://emacs-berlin.org/

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Reintroduction and Questions
@ 2023-06-25 22:04   ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2023-06-25 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

 ---- On Sun, 25 Jun 2023 18:07:34 +0200  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---

 > Be warned though that Woof! is not yet stable (see
 > https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/woof and https://lists.sr.ht/~bzg/woof).

Thanks for the warning.

To verify my understanding, the mailing list is the "source of truth" for issues and Woof! "scrapes" that?

 > You may also try to ask on Emacs Berlin mailing list.
 > https://emacs-berlin.org/

Good suggestion!

* Re: Reintroduction and Questions
@ 2023-06-26  8:10     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-26  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> To verify my understanding, the mailing list is the "source of truth" for issues and Woof! "scrapes" that?

Yes, you are correct.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,