emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* elfeed and orgmode integaration?
@ 2015-12-04  7:06 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-12-04  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone uses elfeed and org and how people integrate it
into orgmode.

It would be great if anyone can share code dealing with capturing from
elfeed into org, linking and any other uses people are coming up with

thx so much

best

* Re: elfeed and orgmode integaration?
@ 2015-12-04  8:22 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2015-12-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

On 2015-12-04 08:06, Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone uses elfeed and org and how people integrate it into
> orgmode.
>
> It would be great if anyone can share code dealing with capturing from elfeed
> into org, linking and any other uses people are coming up with

I use elfeed, and I have minimal integration: a way to store the linked
page.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun as/elfeed-entry-as-html-link ()
  "Store an http link to an elfeed entry."
  (when (equal major-mode 'elfeed-show-mode)
    (let ((description (elfeed-entry-title elfeed-show-entry))
	  (link (elfeed-entry-link elfeed-show-entry)))
      (org-store-link-props
       :type "http"
       :link link
       :description description))))

(add-hook 'org-store-link-functions 'as/elfeed-entry-as-html-link)
#+end_src

Someone has proposed a better linking mechanism here
https://github.com/skeeto/elfeed/issues/34#issuecomment-158824561 where
you can link to an elfeed search or entry.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated November 29, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 400.37 ppm

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: elfeed and orgmode integaration?
@ 2015-12-04 11:27 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-12-04 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

I capture entries for future reading with this:

(add-to-list
 'org-capture-templates
 '("e" "Elfeed" entry (file "~/Dropbox/org-mode/elfeed.org")
   "*  %:description
  DEADLINE: %t

 \nLink: %a\n\n"))

with an open elfeed article, Type C-c c then e, adapt the entry as you
see fit, and C-c C-c and move to the next article.

One day I want to do more with elfeed, e.g. maybe add scoring, or sort
by what it thinks i would like most...

Xebar Saram writes:

> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if anyone uses elfeed and org and how people integrate it
> into orgmode.
>
> It would be great if anyone can share code dealing with capturing from
> elfeed into org, linking and any other uses people are coming up with
>
> thx so much
>
> best

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F