emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-19 11:19 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I’m moving from Python-powered static site generator to the Hugo which
does support using org-mode markup for writing content.

Currently, my content is written using rst, but although Hugo does
support rst as well, I thought that org-mode could be better match, but
today I did figure out that e.g. it’s not possible to use inline markup
within quote, e.g.:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
  This is first sentence. *This one I’d like to be bold.* Another small
  sentence.
#+END_QUOTE

In the above example, I do not get bold, but ’*’ are rendered verbatim,
so I wonder if I do miss something in org-mode markup or it simply
built-in limitation similar to some corner cased present in rst markup
as well?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of
friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will

* Re: inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-19 11:54 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-04-19 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> I’m moving from Python-powered static site generator to the Hugo which
> does support using org-mode markup for writing content.
>
> Currently, my content is written using rst, but although Hugo does
> support rst as well, I thought that org-mode could be better match, but
> today I did figure out that e.g. it’s not possible to use inline markup
> within quote, e.g.:
>
> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
>   This is first sentence. *This one Id like to be bold.* Another small
>   sentence.
> #+END_QUOTE
>
> In the above example, I do not get bold, but ’*’ are rendered verbatim,
> so I wonder if I do miss something in org-mode markup or it simply
> built-in limitation similar to some corner cased present in rst markup
> as well?

I cannot reproduce the above, e.g., exporting to LaTeX I get

  This is first sentence. <b>This one Id like to be bold.</b> Another small
  sentence.

It may be a limitation on the Hugo side.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-19 12:16   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I cannot reproduce the above,

Have you tried to export to HTML?

> e.g., exporting to LaTeX I get

Exporting to LaTeX and/or e.g. rst, produces correct markup…hmm, now I
see that org --> HTML does work as well…

> It may be a limitation on the Hugo side.

You might be right…will explore further.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice,
O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion —

* Re: inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-19 12:25   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-19 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I cannot reproduce the above, e.g., exporting to LaTeX I get

After some testing, I see that it works with the simple example, but if
one uses multi-paragraph text, then it fails…

Can you test with this one?

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, novum similique nec ea, qui mucius
singulis ea. Eum alterum adolescens te, iusto postulant vim ea. No
dicit bonorum disputationi pro, quo id ridens signiferumque. Maiorum
luptatum persequeris sea id, sed erant docendi civibus eu. Putant
molestie ne nam. Ad ius affert quaestio accommodare.

*Vis possit putant propriae in, ne nam wisi vidit propriae. Cu mea
epicuri interesset dissentiet. Cu pri suas saperet. Vidit pericula pro
et, nulla veniam offendit an mea. Ei habeo dignissim abhorreant per,
mea an odio detraxit dissentias, ut nisl percipit erroribus pri.*

No vocent ponderum recteque sed. Mel utinam persequeris ut. In nam
elitr assentior, vim ad timeam phaedrum, ad mazim vituperata quo. Pri
an quas nemore voluptatibus. Sea id enim delenit accumsan. Ne pri
illud saepe audire, quodsi regione in duo, modo quodsi id per.

#+END_QUOTE

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a yogī
[or mystic] when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired knowledge and

* Re: inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-19 14:23     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2017-04-19 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
>> I cannot reproduce the above, e.g., exporting to LaTeX I get
>
> After some testing, I see that it works with the simple example, but if
> one uses multi-paragraph text, then it fails…
>
> Can you test with this one?
>
> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, novum similique nec ea, qui mucius
> singulis ea. Eum alterum adolescens te, iusto postulant vim ea. No
> dicit bonorum disputationi pro, quo id ridens signiferumque. Maiorum
> luptatum persequeris sea id, sed erant docendi civibus eu. Putant
> molestie ne nam. Ad ius affert quaestio accommodare.
>
> *Vis possit putant propriae in, ne nam wisi vidit propriae. Cu mea
> epicuri interesset dissentiet. Cu pri suas saperet. Vidit pericula pro
> et, nulla veniam offendit an mea. Ei habeo dignissim abhorreant per,
> mea an odio detraxit dissentias, ut nisl percipit erroribus pri.*
>
> No vocent ponderum recteque sed. Mel utinam persequeris ut. In nam
> elitr assentior, vim ad timeam phaedrum, ad mazim vituperata quo. Pri
> an quas nemore voluptatibus. Sea id enim delenit accumsan. Ne pri
> illud saepe audire, quodsi regione in duo, modo quodsi id per.
>
> #+END_QUOTE

AFAIK the quote block is irrelevant here.  Perhaps you could customize
org-emphasis-regexp-components (this will only work if Hugo uses Emacs to
generate html).

See the docstring of org-emphasis-regexp-components.  In particular, the
newline component.

There’s also a thorough  explanation here:

    https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/13828

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it

* Re: inline markup within quote
@ 2017-04-20  8:54       ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-20  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> AFAIK the quote block is irrelevant here.  Perhaps you could customize
> org-emphasis-regexp-components (this will only work if Hugo uses Emacs to
> generate html).

IIRC, Hugo uses native parser for org-mode:

https://github.com/chaseadamsio/goorgeous

> There’s also a thorough  explanation here:
>
>     https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/13828

Thanks a lot for the reference.

> Hope it helps,

Yes, although it seems I might just use AsciiDoc(tor) markup for my
content.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog