emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [BUG] Failing tests for ob-clojure
@ 2023-08-24 10:24 Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-24 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Daniel Kraus

Hi,

I am now going through all the babel tests that are disabled by default.

ob-clojure tests appear to be completely broken:

1. (org-test-for-executable "cider") assertion is strange as cider
   package does not have any executable.

2. All the tests seems to assert that ob-clojure supports sessions,
   while it does not seem to be the case.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [BUG] Failing tests for ob-clojure
@ 2023-08-24 12:26 ` Daniel Kraus
From: Daniel Kraus @ 2023-08-24 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Ihor Radchenko

Hi!

> I am now going through all the babel tests that are disabled by default.
>
> ob-clojure tests appear to be completely broken:
>
> 1. (org-test-for-executable "cider") assertion is strange as cider
>    package does not have any executable.
>
> 2. All the tests seems to assert that ob-clojure supports sessions,
>    while it does not seem to be the case.

Unfortunately you're right and I would even say we can completely
remove `test-ob-clojure.el`.
There seems to be only tests for session support which currently
doesn't exist anymore and another one which tests plain tangle
and is not really Clojure specific.

I would love to write new tests but as I just started a new job
and got a new baby at the same time, I don't think I'll find the
time for it the next 3-4 month :(

Thanks,
  Daniel

* Re: [BUG] Failing tests for ob-clojure
@ 2023-08-25  7:49   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-25  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kraus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Daniel Kraus <daniel@kraus.my> writes:

> Unfortunately you're right and I would even say we can completely
> remove `test-ob-clojure.el`.
> There seems to be only tests for session support which currently
> doesn't exist anymore and another one which tests plain tangle
> and is not really Clojure specific.

Done.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=fcca76274

> I would love to write new tests but as I just started a new job
> and got a new baby at the same time, I don't think I'll find the
> time for it the next 3-4 month :(

Understood. We are not in rush.

--

@ 2023-08-25  8:38     ` Daniel Kraus
From: Daniel Kraus @ 2023-08-25  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> Unfortunately you're right and I would even say we can completely
>> remove `test-ob-clojure.el`.
>> There seems to be only tests for session support which currently
>> doesn't exist anymore and another one which tests plain tangle
>> and is not really Clojure specific.
>
> Done.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=fcca76274

Thanks!