emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-agenda: different face (color) per file?
@ 2016-09-16  4:14 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-09-16  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all,

this seems it should be trivial but googling didnt help. my org-agenda view
is made out of 5-6 files. can one define a different face (mainly color)
per file?

thx!

* Re: org-agenda: different face (color) per file?
@ 2016-09-16  6:34 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-09-16  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> this seems it should be trivial but googling didnt help. my org-agenda
> view is made out of 5-6 files. can one define a different face (mainly
> color) per file?

There's no way to do this that I know of, but I guess you could try two
approaches:

1.  Advise the code that writes the agenda line-by-line.  You'll have to
dig through the agenda-making code...

2.  Write a function to post-process the agenda and adjust the color of
each line depending on its source file (or its category, which is
usually the file it comes from).  I'm guessing this would be easier.

* Re: org-agenda: different face (color) per file?
@ 2016-09-16 10:31   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-09-16 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: org mode

hehe thx

both are way over my head :)

ill just give up on the idea ;-)

thx!

@ 2016-09-16 11:41     ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-09-16 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Understandable.  :)  Well, another option would be to create a custom
agenda command that put items from different files in different
sections.  Check the docs for the org-agenda-custom-commands variable
(and google it for many examples).