emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* horizontal rules in table confuse org-table-iterate
@ 2019-01-07 15:23 Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2019-01-07 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

with Emacs 26.1 and org-mode version 9.2
(release_9.2-148-g7d638d @ ~/src/org-mode/lisp/),

org-table-iterate does not update tables for me. In the following
table:

| 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 2 |
|---+---|
| 3 | 4 |
#+TBLFM: $2=$1+1::@3$1=vsum(@1..@2)

M-x org-table-iterate does not update the table, although I was
expecting a 2 in cell @1$2. If I delete the horizontal rule, the
table is updated. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hendrik

* Re: horizontal rules in table confuse org-table-iterate
@ 2019-01-07 17:35 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2019-01-07 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Tews; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Hendrik,

Everything above the first hline is considered a table heading, and is
therefore not included in calculations.

This is explained in the docs:
https://orgmode.org/manual/Updating-the-table.html

@ 2019-01-09 22:37 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-01-09 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Tews; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Hendrik Tews <hendrik.tews@kernkonzept.com> writes:

> org-table-iterate does not update tables for me. In the following
> table:
>
> | 1 | 1 |
> | 2 | 2 |
> |---+---|
> | 3 | 4 |
>
> #+TBLFM: $2=$1+1::@3$1=vsum(@1..@2)
>
> M-x org-table-iterate does not update the table, although I was
> expecting a 2 in cell @1$2. If I delete the horizontal rule, the
> table is updated. Am I doing something wrong?

This is because rows before the first rule are the header of the table,
and are not updated.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou