emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Re: icalendar import in to Org mode
@ 2010-05-01 21:03 Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2010-05-01 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Giles Chamberlin <giles.chamberlin <at> tandberg.com> writes:
> Living in a Microsoft Exchange world I get a lot of meeting requests
> from Exchange. iCalendar.el seems to be able to read these in to diary
> but I would far prefer to have them dropped in to my org files.
>
> Has anyone got this working?

That is exactly what I am looking for as well.
Unluckily my scripting skills are not good enough yet to transform a
diary file into org-mode format.

Please Giles keep me updated as soon as you find a solution.

Greetings from Austria,
Eraldo

* Re: Re: icalendar import in to Org mode
@ 2010-05-01 22:40 ` Doug Hellmann
From: Doug Hellmann @ 2010-05-01 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eraldo Helal; +Cc: Org-Mode

On May 1, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Eraldo Helal wrote:

> Giles Chamberlin <giles.chamberlin <at> tandberg.com> writes:
>> Living in a Microsoft Exchange world I get a lot of meeting requests
>> from Exchange. iCalendar.el seems to be able to read these in to
>> diary
>> but I would far prefer to have them dropped in to my org files.
>>
>> Has anyone got this working?
>
> That is exactly what I am looking for as well.
> Unluckily my scripting skills are not good enough yet to transform a
> diary file into org-mode format.

My elisp skills weren't up to it, but I did write something in
Python.  It works with iCal.app on the Mac, but could be adapted for
any ICS input files.

http://www.doughellmann.com/projects/ical2org/

Doug

* Re: Re: icalendar import in to Org mode
@ 2010-05-02 19:58   ` Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2010-05-02 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Hellmann; +Cc: Org-Mode

Doug Hellmann <doug.hellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> My elisp skills weren't up to it, but I did write something in Python.
> It works with iCal.app on the Mac, but could be adapted for  any ICS
> input files.
>
> http://www.doughellmann.com/projects/ical2org/

Sounds good.

Could you maybe help me to adapt it for use on my Linux machine?
Why does it need an install?
Isn't that a script?

In any case... thank you for the link and the quick response.

@ 2010-06-14 11:00   ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2010-06-14 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Hellmann; +Cc: Eraldo Helal, Org-Mode