emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-02-03 14:10 Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2016-02-03 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For me, C-c ! has suddenly become unbound and no longer inserts
an inactive timestamp.  Has this changed in the base org-mode, or
most likely is this an issue with my setup?

Thanks.

* Re: C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-02-03 15:24 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2016-02-03 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Crook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Luke Crook <luke@balooga.com> writes:

> For me, C-c ! has suddenly become unbound and no longer inserts
> an inactive timestamp.  Has this changed in the base org-mode, or
> most likely is this an issue with my setup?

The default binding hasn't been changed in Org.

--
Kyle

* Re: C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-03-09 18:09   ` K
From: K @ 2016-03-09 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Meyer <kyle <at> kyleam.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Luke Crook <luke <at> balooga.com> writes:
>
> > For me, C-c ! has suddenly become unbound and no longer inserts
> > an inactive timestamp.  Has this changed in the base org-mode, or
> > most likely is this an issue with my setup?
>
> The default binding hasn't been changed in Org.

I've run into the same problem, with both Org 8.3.4 and MELPA version
20160307, the usual C-c ! doesn't work anymore for inserting inactive
timestamp.  If there's been no change to the default binding, any
suggestions on how to debug this please?  Thanks!

* Re: C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-03-09 19:25     ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2016-03-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

K <k@limist.com> writes:

> I've run into the same problem, with both Org 8.3.4 and MELPA version
> 20160307, the usual C-c ! doesn't work anymore for inserting inactive
> timestamp.  If there's been no change to the default binding, any
> suggestions on how to debug this please?  Thanks!

I'd suggest verifying that the C-c ! binding works as expected with
emacs -Q when loading Org from either the maint or master branch.
Assuming all is fine when using emacs -Q, try to figure out what in your
configuration is causing the issue.  If you have no guesses at likely
culprits, you could try commenting out large chunks of your config
files, narrowing down from there.

--
Kyle

* Re: C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-03-10  9:30     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-03-10  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

K <k@limist.com> writes:

> Kyle Meyer <kyle <at> kyleam.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Luke Crook <luke <at> balooga.com> writes:
>>
>> > For me, C-c ! has suddenly become unbound and no longer inserts
>> > an inactive timestamp.  Has this changed in the base org-mode, or
>> > most likely is this an issue with my setup?
>>
>> The default binding hasn't been changed in Org.
>>

> I've run into the same problem, with both Org 8.3.4 and MELPA version
> 20160307, the usual C-c ! doesn't work anymore for inserting inactive
> timestamp.  If there's been no change to the default binding, any
> suggestions on how to debug this please?  Thanks!

What's the output of C-h c C-c ! in an Org buffer?

Could you try with a minimal init file, just loading Org 8.3.4?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
@ 2016-03-10 15:43       ` K
From: K @ 2016-03-10 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> K <k <at> limist.com> writes:
>
> > Kyle Meyer <kyle <at> kyleam.com> writes:

> >> The default binding hasn't been changed in Org.
> >>

> > I've run into the same problem, with both Org 8.3.4 and MELPA version
> > 20160307, the usual C-c ! doesn't work anymore for inserting inactive
> > timestamp.  If there's been no change to the default binding, any
> > suggestions on how to debug this please?  Thanks!
>
> What's the output of C-h c C-c ! in an Org buffer?
>
> Could you try with a minimal init file, just loading Org 8.3.4?
>
> Regards,

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the suggestion.  When I type C-h c C-c ! what I see is that it
expects another character to be typed, it doesn't recognize C-c ! as
complete/anything by itself.  If I hit ENTER at that point, it shows, "C-c !
RET (translated from C-c ! <return>) is undefined"

I tried starting Emacs with the -Q option, and of course C-c ! works as usual.

I tried adding this line at the end of my personal customizations file:
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c !") 'org-time-stamp-inactive)
...but it has no effect.

What did work: C-h m and then search for !, showed that Flycheck mode uses
that as its command prefix.  Problem mostly solved, :-)