emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* helm-org-clock for using helm rather than orgmode select menu
@ 2016-11-10 16:43 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2016-11-10 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

I've made the following adjustment to org-clock-select-task that
allows you to (optionally) use helm to select, rather than
orgmode's built in screens. Eventually I'd like to see all orgmode
commands have the option of using helm rather than their custom
screens, as Helm is a great package. Until then, hopefully you can
find this useful or give useful suggestions.

https://github.com/WorldsEndless/helm-org-clock

* Re: helm-org-clock for using helm rather than orgmode select menu
@ 2016-11-10 21:08 ` cesar mena
From: cesar mena @ 2016-11-10 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson, orgmode list

"Tory S. Anderson" <torys.anderson@gmail.com> writes:

> I've made the following adjustment to org-clock-select-task that
> allows you to (optionally) use helm to select, rather than
> orgmode's built in screens. Eventually I'd like to see all orgmode
> commands have the option of using helm rather than their custom
> screens, as Helm is a great package. Until then, hopefully you can
> find this useful or give useful suggestions.
>
> https://github.com/WorldsEndless/helm-org-clock

from the 9.0 changelog it looks like this was done?

 Remove all options related to ido or iswitchb

 This includes org-completion-use-iswitchb and
 org-completion-use-ido. Instead Org uses regular functions, e.g.,
 completion-read so as to let those libraries operate.

best,
- cm

* Re: helm-org-clock for using helm rather than orgmode select menu
@ 2016-11-10 21:24   ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2016-11-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cesar mena; +Cc: orgmode list, Tory S. Anderson

Are you sure? In my org 9.0 box, I still see a non-helm
"org-agenda" menu (one of the things I haven't gotten around to
helm-ifying yet).

@ 2016-11-10 23:28     ` cesar mena
From: cesar mena @ 2016-11-10 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: orgmode list

"Tory S. Anderson" <torys.anderson@gmail.com> writes:

> Are you sure? In my org 9.0 box, I still see a non-helm
> "org-agenda" menu (one of the things I haven't gotten around to
> helm-ifying yet).

sorry, i mis-understood. this is only for things that use the
completion-read interface.

[...]