emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* fixmee / syntax-ppss
@ 2015-12-01 14:06 Jeremy Hankins
From: Jeremy Hankins @ 2015-12-01 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I recently started using org-mode, so forgive me if this is covered
somewhere that I missed.  But I'm trying to use fixmee.el with org-mode;
it works by finding "fixme" tags in comments, but it's not finding
anything in my orgmode files.  I've traced the problem to the fact that
syntax-ppss fails to accurately report that it's in a comment.

So position point inside a comment in an org file and eval:

(nth 4 (syntax-ppss))

It should (?) report t, but it's giving me nil.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>

* Re: fixmee / syntax-ppss
@ 2015-12-03 18:43 ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2015-12-03 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Hankins, emacs-orgmode

Hi Jeremy,

2015ko abenudak 1an, Jeremy Hankins-ek idatzi zuen:

> I recently started using org-mode, so forgive me if this is covered
> somewhere that I missed.  But I'm trying to use fixmee.el with org-mode;
> it works by finding "fixme" tags in comments, but it's not finding
> anything in my orgmode files.  I've traced the problem to the fact that
> syntax-ppss fails to accurately report that it's in a comment.

I would not expect this to work: because of the way that org-mode
comments work, I don’t see a way for them to be fit into the syntax
table machinery.  Something with syntaxtic fontification
(info "(elisp) Syntactic Font Lock") might be able to be put together,
but to what end I’m not sure.

Org mode provides built-in functionality to create “TODO” annotations
(called inline tasks).  These might server your purpose better than what
you are trying to do with fixmee.  You need to put the following line in
your emacs init file:

(require 'org-inlinetask)

You may also want:

(setq org-inlinetask-default-state "TODO")

Then C-c C-x t in an org file will insert an inline task.  You can get a
view of the TODO headlines in a buffer (including but not limited to
inlinetasks) by pressing C-c / t.  (This is just the tip of the iceberg
wrt listing/sorting/filtering org headlines.)

--
Aaron Ecay

* Re: fixmee / syntax-ppss
@ 2015-12-06  0:41   ` Jeremy Hankins
From: Jeremy Hankins @ 2015-12-06  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aaron Ecay <aaronecay@gmail.com> writes:

> Org mode provides built-in functionality to create “TODO” annotations
> (called inline tasks).  These might server your purpose better than what
> you are trying to do with fixmee.  You need to put the following line in
> your emacs init file:

Hmm, I may be able to make this work.  It's pretty important for my
purposes that notes like this not show up in the published version.  I'm
still learning my way around org-mode, but my sense is that will be
fairly straightforward to achieve.

Thanks!

--

@ 2015-12-06  9:30     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-12-06  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Hankins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org> writes:

> Aaron Ecay <aaronecay@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Org mode provides built-in functionality to create “TODO” annotations
>> (called inline tasks).  These might server your purpose better than what
>> you are trying to do with fixmee.  You need to put the following line in
>> your emacs init file:
>
> Hmm, I may be able to make this work.  It's pretty important for my
> purposes that notes like this not show up in the published version.  I'm
> still learning my way around org-mode, but my sense is that will be
> fairly straightforward to achieve.

As another data point, drawers may also do the job, e.g.:

  :FIXME:
  :END:

You can then control what drawers are exported with
`org-export-with-drawers' (or per document with d OPTIONS item).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: fixmee / syntax-ppss
@ 2015-12-25 10:20       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-12-25 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Nicolas Goaziou <mail-Gpy5sJQTEQHwkn9pgDnJRVAUjnlXr6A1@public.gmane.org> writes:
> Jeremy Hankins <nowan-vHQ/g6FRe6PYtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> Aaron Ecay <aaronecay-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>
>>> Org mode provides built-in functionality to create “TODO” annotations
>>> (called inline tasks).  These might server your purpose better than what
>>> you are trying to do with fixmee.  You need to put the following line in
>>> your emacs init file:
>>
>> Hmm, I may be able to make this work.  It's pretty important for my
>> purposes that notes like this not show up in the published version.  I'm
>> still learning my way around org-mode, but my sense is that will be
>> fairly straightforward to achieve.
>
> As another data point, drawers may also do the job, e.g.:
>
>   :FIXME:
>   :END:
>
> You can then control what drawers are exported with
> `org-export-with-drawers' (or per document with d OPTIONS item).

Tagging such inline tasks with "noexport" should also work, right?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban