emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug: Angle brackets in org-time-stamp-format loses in html export
@ 2008-09-05 13:42 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2008-09-05 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org.el has the following definition:

(defconst org-time-stamp-formats '("<%Y-%m-%d %a>" . "<%Y-%m-%d %a %H:%M>")
  "Formats for `format-time-string' which are used for time stamps.
It is not recommended to change this constant.")

The above loses when you use org-insert-export-options-template
and then create HTML --
the #+ date: line ends with  angle brackets around the date, and
these eventually land up in the meta tag  within an attribute
value.

The problem here is of course brain-dead html/sgml/xml which
doesn't like angle brackets in attribute values.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

* Re: Bug: Angle brackets in org-time-stamp-format loses in html export
@ 2008-09-05 21:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-05 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, now  see what you mean.  This is a bug, fixed now.

Thanks!

- Carsten

@ 2008-09-05 22:28   ` raman
From: raman @ 2008-09-05 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik, raman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, another org-export irritant: could we lose the "#+ insert some
descriptive text here" line from the default template?

* Re: Bug: Angle brackets in org-time-stamp-format loses in html export
@ 2008-09-06  7:21     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-06  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: raman, emacs-orgmode

Hi Raman,

On Sep 6, 2008, at 12:28 AM, raman wrote:

> Thanks, another org-export irritant: could we lose the "#+ insert some
> descriptive text here" line from the default template?

We could, but the "template" is not really meant as a template, but
more as a reminder of al the possibilities for that type of
configuration.  I myself hardly ever insert the template - only when I
have forgotten how things work.

- Carsten

* Re: Bug: Angle brackets in org-time-stamp-format loses in html export
@ 2008-09-06 12:40       ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2008-09-06 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: raman, emacs-orgmode, raman

for me it's the other way around, I can never remember how it
works, and insert it automatically -- especially the export line

--

@ 2008-09-07 15:27     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-07 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: raman, emacs-orgmode

Hi Raman,

I have thought about it, and I think you are right, we should remove it.

This made more sense when we always skipped the text before the first
heading, but now, this is not the default, so there is a simpler way
to get text before the first heading.

OK, it is gone.

- Carsten