emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* editing scheme fragments
@ 2017-01-04 13:11 Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-01-04 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

When I try to edit a scheme fragment such this

Header:
#+BEGIN_SRC scheme :tangle "header.skb"
(document :title [A First Skribilo Block]
          :author [Roger Mason]
#+END_SRC

using C-c ', org thinks it is an org table.

I am using GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd10.1, GTK+ Version
2.24.29) of 2016-11-04 and Org mode version 9.0.1
(release_9.0.1-47-gb06259)

Any help in tracking this down would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

* Re: editing scheme fragments
       [not found] <2768898debaf419aa10dd63e136f043c@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-01-04 13:38 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-01-04 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday,  4 Jan 2017 at 13:11, Roger Mason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to edit a scheme fragment such this
>
> Header:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :tangle "header.skb"
> (document :title [A First Skribilo Block]
>           :author [Roger Mason]
> #+END_SRC
>
> using C-c ', org thinks it is an org table.

Works fine for me with later version of org (and emacs).

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.2-104-gf5b7de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: editing scheme fragments
@ 2017-01-04 13:46 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-01-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I can't reproduce that. I wonder if you should try running
org-element-cache-reset Sometimes I have seen org get confused when the
cache is out of date. this usually happens when I have code that generates
parts of the file.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2017-01-04 14:06 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2017-01-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

> When I try to edit a scheme fragment such this
>
> Header:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :tangle "header.skb"
> (document :title [A First Skribilo Block]
>           :author [Roger Mason]
> #+END_SRC
>
> using C-c ', org thinks it is an org table.

Here org thinks it's scheme.

> [...]
> Any help in tracking this down would be much appreciated.

Guess: You should add scheme to org-babel-load-languages.  E.g. use M-x
customize-variable.

HTH

* Re: editing scheme fragments
@ 2017-01-04 17:35   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-01-04 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello John,

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I can't reproduce that. I wonder if you should try running org-element-cache-reset Sometimes I
> have seen org get confused when the cache is out of date. this usually happens when I have code
> that generates parts of the file.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately there is no change after
running that command.

Cheers,

@ 2017-01-04 17:38   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-01-04 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Marco,

Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

> Guess: You should add scheme to org-babel-load-languages.  E.g. use M-x
> customize-variable.

Sorry, i should have mentioned that I tried that customisation without
success.

@ 2017-01-04 18:01   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-01-04 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

> Works fine for me with later version of org (and emacs).

Unfortunately, updating to Org mode version 9.0.3
(release_9.0.3-170-gfed1cf) did not make any difference.

@ 2017-01-04 18:13     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2017-01-04 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> Hello Marco,
>
> Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Guess: You should add scheme to org-babel-load-languages.  E.g. use M-x
>> customize-variable.
>
> Sorry, i should have mentioned that I tried that customisation without
> success.
>
> Cheers,
> Roger

Try with a minimal init file, avoiding all your customizations (other than loadin
org and enabling scheme):

 emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/init/file

Does it still fail?

--
Nick

* Re: editing scheme fragments
@ 2017-01-04 18:56       ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-01-04 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nick,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Try with a minimal init file, avoiding all your customizations (other than loadin
> org and enabling scheme):
>
>  emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/init/file
>
> Does it still fail?

Yes, but in trying this out I discovered that the keybinding I read as
"C-c `" (i.e. backtick) should be "C-c '" (i.e. apostrophe).  When I use
the correct keybinding it works as advertised.  Gosh.

I apologise for wasting the time of those who read my post and offered
their suggestions.  Maybe I'm just too old and stunned and in need of
new spectacles.

Thanks for your help,

@ 2017-01-04 22:33         ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2017-01-04 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> Hello Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Try with a minimal init file, avoiding all your customizations (other than loadin
>> org and enabling scheme):
>>
>>  emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/init/file
>>
>> Does it still fail?
>
> Yes, but in trying this out I discovered that the keybinding I read as
> "C-c `" (i.e. backtick) should be "C-c '" (i.e. apostrophe).  When I use
> the correct keybinding it works as advertised.  Gosh.

Haha.

> I apologise for wasting the time of those who read my post and offered
> their suggestions.  Maybe I'm just too old and stunned and in need of
> new spectacles.

You showed at least one reader the C-c ` binding.  How could this be a
waste of time?

AFAICS the C-c ` binding is only useful on tables.  I think I will add a
respective check to help avoid confusion with C-c '.

Best regards