emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Radio targets: identification
@ 2009-11-27 18:19 Samium Gromoff
From: Samium Gromoff @ 2009-11-27 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good day folks,

I'd like to be able to specify possible conjugations for non-strict
matching of radio targets, so that:

#+RADIO_CONJUGATION_SET foo fooish
#+RADIO_CONJUGATION_SET bar barry

<<<foo bar>>>

gets targeted by all of:

   - foo bar,
   - fooish bar,
   - foo barry, and
   - fooish barry

Alternatively, as a more predictable, but also less automated way:

#+RADIO_EQUIV "foo bar" "fooish bar" "foo barry" "fooish barry"

I feel that this might make org-generated dictionaries much more useful.

Oh, and by the way -- thanks for an excellent tool!

regards,
  Samium Gromoff
--
                                 _deepfire-at-feelingofgreen.ru

* Re: Radio targets: identification
@ 2009-11-30 14:48 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-30 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samium Gromoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samium,

radio links are not strong enough to support massive matching, and I
don't want to implement a parser like this.

But I think this would be a nice add-on, to make a more powerful radio-
link module.  It could include across-file linking, derivatives like
you suggest and more.
Nice Xmas project, anyone??? :-)

However, I don't think it is feasible to do this like I currently do,
with font-lock.  Font-lock is applied after every key stroke, and when
matching very many words, this will not work.  Probably a system using
hooks and/or idle timers could be appropriate...

- Carsten

On Nov 27, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> Good day folks,
>
> I'd like to be able to specify possible conjugations for non-strict
> matching of radio targets, so that:
>
> #+RADIO_CONJUGATION_SET foo fooish
> #+RADIO_CONJUGATION_SET bar barry
>
> <<<foo bar>>>
>
> gets targeted by all of:
>
>   - foo bar,
>   - fooish bar,
>   - foo barry, and
>   - fooish barry
>
> Alternatively, as a more predictable, but also less automated way:
>
> #+RADIO_EQUIV "foo bar" "fooish bar" "foo barry" "fooish barry"
>
> I feel that this might make org-generated dictionaries much more
> useful.
>

> Oh, and by the way -- thanks for an excellent tool!
>

> regards,
>  Samium Gromoff
> --
>                                 _deepfire-at-feelingofgreen.ru