emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Journal organization
@ 2008-06-01  0:29 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2008-06-01  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I hope you will forgive me for not RTFMing before posting.  I am barely
getting my feet wet, trying to keep things relatively simple, and take
advantage of some of the more sophisticated capabilities of Org-Mode at the
same time.

I have found Org-Remember very useful for typing several categories of
notes.  I thought today about the issue of archiving notes.  I was going to
post asking how to archive a Journal file on a monthly basis, perhaps
automatically.  However, one of the useful features is refiling notes on the
fly to specific headlines.

How to people handle this on the long term?

Is it possible to archive all top headlines to a monthly file and keep the
template existing structure so new notes can be added?  Is this even
desireable on the long term?

On a barely related note, can Org-Remember automatically create a new
headline when asked to refile to that headline?

Possibly some topics are best split out into separate files?

Thank you,

Alan