emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question
@ 2015-12-08 20:07 zang_news
From: zang_news @ 2015-12-08 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear fellow Orgers,

I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new, minimally
styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain latex,
I would do e.g.

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{a normal frame with title etc.}
some content
\end{frame}

\plain{some text on a minimal frame}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{another normal frame with title etc.}
some other content
\end{frame}

I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do

* a normal frame with title etc.
some content

#+BEGIN_LATEX
\plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
#+END_LATEX

* another normal frame with title etc.
some other content

this of course does not work. Has anyone come across this as well and is
willing to share a solution?

Thanks!
Christian

[1] https://github.com/matze/mtheme/

* Re: Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question
@ 2015-12-09 11:45 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-12-09 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zang_news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2015 at 21:07, zang_news@posteo.de wrote:
> Dear fellow Orgers,
>
> I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
> frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new, minimally
> styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain latex,
> I would do e.g.

[...]

> I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do
>
> * a normal frame with title etc.
> some content
>
> #+BEGIN_LATEX
> \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
> #+END_LATEX
>
> * another normal frame with title etc.
> some other content

This is really tricky because a headline in org both ends the preceding
frame and starts a new frame.  The only way I can think of is for you to
explicitly end and start the adjoining frames, as in:

#+begin_src org
  ,* a normal frame with title etc.
  some content

  ,#+BEGIN_LATEX
  \end{frame}
  \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
  \begin{frame}{another normal frame with title etc.}
  ,#+END_LATEX

  some other content
#+end_src

This will be somewhat fragile, e.g. if previous frame has columns they
will also need to be terminated properly...

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-379-g38fd09

* Re: Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question
@ 2015-12-09 12:10   ` Christian Zang
From: Christian Zang @ 2015-12-09 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2015 at 21:07, zang_news@posteo.de wrote:
>> Dear fellow Orgers,
>>
>> I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
>> frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new, minimally
>> styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain latex,
>> I would do e.g.
>
> [...]
>
>> I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do
>>
>> * a normal frame with title etc.
>> some content
>>
>> #+BEGIN_LATEX
>> \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
>> #+END_LATEX
>>
>> * another normal frame with title etc.
>> some other content
>
> This is really tricky because a headline in org both ends the preceding
> frame and starts a new frame.  The only way I can think of is for you to
> explicitly end and start the adjoining frames, as in:
>
> #+begin_src org
>    ,* a normal frame with title etc.
>    some content
>
>    ,#+BEGIN_LATEX
>    \end{frame}
>    \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
>    \begin{frame}{another normal frame with title etc.}
>    ,#+END_LATEX
>
>    some other content
> #+end_src
>
> This will be somewhat fragile, e.g. if previous frame has columns they
> will also need to be terminated properly...

Thanks, also for the explanation. This solution works for my setup,
since I usually do not use columns.
Best, Christian

@ 2015-12-10  8:09   ` zang_news
From: zang_news @ 2015-12-10  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zang_news, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: emacs-orgmode-bounces+zang_news=posteo.de

Am 09.12.2015 12:45 schrieb Eric S Fraga:
> On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2015 at 21:07, zang_news@posteo.de wrote:
>> Dear fellow Orgers,
>>
>> I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
>> frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new,
>> minimally
>> styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain
>> latex,
>> I would do e.g.
>
> [...]
>
>> I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do
>>
>> * a normal frame with title etc.
>> some content
>>
>> #+BEGIN_LATEX
>> \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
>> #+END_LATEX
>>
>> * another normal frame with title etc.
>> some other content
>
> This is really tricky because a headline in org both ends the preceding
> frame and starts a new frame.  The only way I can think of is for you
> explicitly end and start the adjoining frames, as in:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,* a normal frame with title etc.
>   some content
>
>   ,#+BEGIN_LATEX
>   \end{frame}
>   \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
>   \begin{frame}{another normal frame with title etc.}
>   ,#+END_LATEX
>
>   some other content
> #+end_src
>
> This will be somewhat fragile, e.g. if previous frame has columns they
> will also need to be terminated properly...

Thanks Eric, also for the explanation! This solution works for my setup,