emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* escaping of ampersands in latex array environment by latex export
@ 2008-09-16 19:39 Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA)
From: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA) @ 2008-09-16 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I have in my .org file:

\(\begin{array}{rclr}
A & ::= &  B  & \\
  & \mid & C &  \\
D & ::= & E &
    \mbox{(any value-returning expression)}
\end{array}\)

and I export as latex, the generated .tex file contains

\(\begin{array}{rclr}
A \& ::= \&  B  \& \\
  \& \mid \& C \&  \\
D \& ::= \& E \&
    \mbox{(any value-returning expression)}
\end{array}\)

The "&" characters should not be escaped.

Oddly enough, if I export to HTML, everything works fine (that is, the fragments are compiled by latex and turned into .png images).

Surrounding the block in #+BEGIN_LaTeX / #+END_LaTeX won't solve the problem, as the fragment no longer exports to html.  I'd like to be able to export to both latex and html.

Any idea why the "&"s are being escaped?  Is it because the latex export doesn't know that within an array environment &'s are special?  Is there a way to turn off processing of &'s in array's?

I'm using org-mode version 6.06b

Thanks very much.

--Greg
--
Gregory T. Sullivan, Ph.D.
BAE Systems Advanced Information Technologies

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-09-16 19:39 UTC | newest]