unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
       [not found] <87pmxr868r.fsf@bzg.fr>
@ 2021-06-01 12:30 ` Kaushal Modi
  2021-06-02  6:17   ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2021-06-01 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-org list, Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 651 bytes --]

Hello,

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 3:53 AM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> with the help of the Savannah folks, I sat up a new org-mode.git repo:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git
>
> The current master branch of Org is pushed to the main branch on Savannah
> and the current maint branch of Org is pushed to the bugfix branch there.
>

I am seeing that the master branch on
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commits/master has newer commits than
the main branch on https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/log/
.

I am assuming that the complete switch to Savannah is still pending?

--
Kaushal Modi

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1381 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-01 12:30 ` [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org Kaushal Modi
@ 2021-06-02  6:17   ` Bastien
  2021-06-05  6:03     ` stardiviner
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-06-02  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi Kaushal,

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> I am seeing that the master branch on https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/
> org-mode/commits/master has newer commits than the main branch on 
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/log/ .

Fixed, thanks - I sync repositories regularily, but since we don't use
the savannah repo for now, it's not critical.

> I am assuming that the complete switch to Savannah is still pending?

Yes.  I plan to make the switch early July.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-02  6:17   ` Bastien
@ 2021-06-05  6:03     ` stardiviner
  2021-06-05  6:56       ` Tim Cross
  2021-06-05  7:55       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: stardiviner @ 2021-06-05  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-org list, Nicolas Goaziou, Kaushal Modi

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1191 bytes --]

I have a big problem. After I registered savannah account, I open profile
page at first 3 days. Then I have not touched it anymore. Now Savannah
emailed me that my account has been removed because of idle. It has
happened two times. Is there a way to avoid this? If not, I hope to keep
org-mode in separate self-hosting repository.

[stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/


On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 2:18 PM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Kaushal,
>
> Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am seeing that the master branch on https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/
> > org-mode/commits/master has newer commits than the main branch on
> > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/log/ .
>
> Fixed, thanks - I sync repositories regularily, but since we don't use
> the savannah repo for now, it's not critical.
>
> > I am assuming that the complete switch to Savannah is still pending?
>
> Yes.  I plan to make the switch early July.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Bastien
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2217 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-05  6:03     ` stardiviner
@ 2021-06-05  6:56       ` Tim Cross
  2021-06-05  7:10         ` Timothy
  2021-06-05  7:55       ` Bastien
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Tim Cross @ 2021-06-05  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


You don't need an account for read access to any repository. I'm sure
Bastien will clarify, but for write access I would expect you need to
have a GPG key added to the repository.

So, in short, you don't actually have to have a savanah account.
However, if you do have one and don't want it to be expired, you just
need to login to the web site every month or so.


stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a big problem. After I registered savannah account, I open profile page at first 3 days. Then I have not touched it anymore. Now Savannah emailed
> me that my account has been removed because of idle. It has happened two times. Is there a way to avoid this? If not, I hope to keep org-mode in
> separate self-hosting repository.
>
> [stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
> IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
> Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
> Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/
>
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 2:18 PM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>  Hi Kaushal,
>
>  Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:
>
>  > I am seeing that the master branch on https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/
>  > org-mode/commits/master has newer commits than the main branch on 
>  > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/log/ .
>
>  Fixed, thanks - I sync repositories regularily, but since we don't use
>  the savannah repo for now, it's not critical.
>
>  > I am assuming that the complete switch to Savannah is still pending?
>
>  Yes.  I plan to make the switch early July.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  -- 
>   Bastien


-- 
Tim Cross


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-05  6:56       ` Tim Cross
@ 2021-06-05  7:10         ` Timothy
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Timothy @ 2021-06-05  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> You don't need an account for read access to any repository. I'm sure
> Bastien will clarify, but for write access I would expect you need to
> have a GPG key added to the repository.
>
> So, in short, you don't actually have to have a savanah account.
> However, if you do have one and don't want it to be expired, you just
> need to login to the web site every month or so.

You need to log in every month or your account is deleted? If this is
the case, I'm tempted not to bother...

--
Timothy


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-05  6:03     ` stardiviner
  2021-06-05  6:56       ` Tim Cross
@ 2021-06-05  7:55       ` Bastien
  2021-06-05 10:06         ` stardiviner
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-06-05  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stardiviner; +Cc: emacs-org list, Nicolas Goaziou, Kaushal Modi

Hi Stardiviner,

stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a big problem. After I registered savannah account, I open
> profile page at first 3 days. Then I have not touched it anymore. Now
> Savannah emailed me that my account has been removed because of idle.

I'm sorry for this.  This happened to Timothy too, and perhaps others.
I was not aware of this policy.

I was waiting to get all Savannah user names before asking the Emacs
maintainers to add them to the Emacs project (where the org-mode.git
Savannah repo lives), so that I ask only once, but it was a mistake.

I will ask them to add all usernames I have today, hoping this will
avoid problems.

Please write me in private so that we can sort this out for you.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org
  2021-06-05  7:55       ` Bastien
@ 2021-06-05 10:06         ` stardiviner
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: stardiviner @ 2021-06-05 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode, Nicolas Goaziou, Kaushal Modi

Thanks for quick reply and solving this problem. :smile:

> On Jun 5, 2021, at 3:55 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> 
> Hi Stardiviner,
> 
> stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
> 
>> I have a big problem. After I registered savannah account, I open
>> profile page at first 3 days. Then I have not touched it anymore. Now
>> Savannah emailed me that my account has been removed because of idle.
> 
> I'm sorry for this.  This happened to Timothy too, and perhaps others.
> I was not aware of this policy.
> 
> I was waiting to get all Savannah user names before asking the Emacs
> maintainers to add them to the Emacs project (where the org-mode.git
> Savannah repo lives), so that I ask only once, but it was a mistake.
> 
> I will ask them to add all usernames I have today, hoping this will
> avoid problems.
> 
> Please write me in private so that we can sort this out for you.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -- 
> Bastien



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-06-05 10:09 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <87pmxr868r.fsf@bzg.fr>
2021-06-01 12:30 ` [ORG] Moving the org-mode.git repo to savannah.gnu.org Kaushal Modi
2021-06-02  6:17   ` Bastien
2021-06-05  6:03     ` stardiviner
2021-06-05  6:56       ` Tim Cross
2021-06-05  7:10         ` Timothy
2021-06-05  7:55       ` Bastien
2021-06-05 10:06         ` stardiviner

unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/orgmode/0 orgmode/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 orgmode orgmode/ https://yhetil.org/orgmode \
		emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index orgmode

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.emacs.orgmode
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode


code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

AGPL code for this site: git clone http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/public-inbox.git