emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* the great^n grand-daddy of orgmode? :)
@ 2009-11-14 12:27 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2009-11-14 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In case you haven't seen it, this is probably the first ever public
demo of outlining software in 1968:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epbmU7_fvg

Some of the similarities to org-mode are fairly staggering - it was
also the first public demo of hyperlinks, anchors, the mouse ...

(This video is the 2nd in a series of 9.)

Enjoy :-)

* Re: the great^n grand-daddy of orgmode? :)
@ 2009-11-15  7:46 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-15  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adam,

this is awesome, thanks for the link

- Carsten

On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

> In case you haven't seen it, this is probably the first ever public
> demo of outlining software in 1968:
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epbmU7_fvg
>
> Some of the similarities to org-mode are fairly staggering - it was
> also the first public demo of hyperlinks, anchors, the mouse ...
>
> (This video is the 2nd in a series of 9.)
>
> Enjoy :-)

- Carsten

* Re: the great^n grand-daddy of orgmode? :)
@ 2009-11-15 11:51   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-11-15 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Adam,
>
> this is awesome, thanks for the link
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
>
>> In case you haven't seen it, this is probably the first ever public
>> demo of outlining software in 1968:
>>
>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epbmU7_fvg

Hey this is funny!
I knew those machines were not much faster than typewriters. What I did
_not_ know, is that they were nearly as loud :)

(Or is he using vi the first time? Beep beeeeeeeeeep   beep).

  Sebastian

* Re: the great^n grand-daddy of orgmode? :)
@ 2009-11-15 22:08     ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2009-11-15 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)