emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-24 19:25 Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-08-24 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode, stardiviner

In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.

But org-contrib still contains that file and the README at the new
location still contains

> This source code is from [[https://github.com/tiagoweber][tiagoweber]].

and

> * Project status
>
> I put it in Org-mode contrib/ now.

So... is this now being maintained by Stardiviner, at repo.or.cz,
or not?

If so, please update the README at the new location and remove the
library from org-contrib.

     Cheers,
     Jonas

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-25  0:59 ` Christopher M. Miles
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2023-08-25  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: Org-mode, stardiviner

The new repo https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is maintained by me (stardiviner).

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without misunderstanding.

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-25 10:15 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-25 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: Org-mode, stardiviner

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.

The last discussion was back in 2020 https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/CAL1eYuL8zzG-FdEedOVbvm1cfc8W6ajWFr7cthvgs8oWDwj+Qw@mail.gmail.com/

However, your reference is 2022.
So, unless Christopher has something to say,
https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is the last known active maintenance
location. The last commit is 2022
https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git/shortlog, and includes more changes
compared to ob-spice version in org-contrib.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-27 10:34   ` Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-08-27 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org-mode, stardiviner

> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>
>> In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
>> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.
>
> The last discussion was back in 2020 https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/CAL1eYuL8zzG-FdEedOVbvm1cfc8W6ajWFr7cthvgs8oWDwj+Qw@mail.gmail.com/

Bastien replied to that mentioning only one of the listed packages,
which left me wondering "what about the others?".

> However, your reference is 2022.
> So, unless Christopher has something to say,
> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is the last known active maintenance
> location. The last commit is 2022
> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git/shortlog, and includes more changes
> compared to ob-spice version in org-contrib.

I came to the same conclusion but because ob-spice had not been removed
from org-contrib, I wasn't sure.  Ihor, could you please remove it from
org-contrib now?

Stardiviner, the readme in your repository still claims that the package
is being maintained in two other locations.  Please remove that outdated
information.

@ 2023-08-28  3:34     ` Christopher M. Miles
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2023-08-28  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, Org-mode, stardiviner

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>>
>>> In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
>>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
>>> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.
>>
>> The last discussion was back in 2020 https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/CAL1eYuL8zzG-FdEedOVbvm1cfc8W6ajWFr7cthvgs8oWDwj+Qw@mail.gmail.com/
>
> Bastien replied to that mentioning only one of the listed packages,
> which left me wondering "what about the others?".
>
>> However, your reference is 2022.
>> So, unless Christopher has something to say,
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is the last known active maintenance
>> location. The last commit is 2022
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git/shortlog, and includes more changes
>> compared to ob-spice version in org-contrib.
>
> I came to the same conclusion but because ob-spice had not been removed
> from org-contrib, I wasn't sure.  Ihor, could you please remove it from
> org-contrib now?

I have already forget whether I taken the ob-spice maintaining task like
other libraries. So I'm not sure about it. I'm not work on this library
currently. From git log history, I'm the last maintainer. If you want to
maintain it or avoid duplicate, you can ask Bastien to remove it.

> Stardiviner, the readme in your repository still claims that the package
> is being maintained in two other locations.  Please remove that outdated
> information.

I have not found claimed two other locations in my README. Maybe I
missed out. Can you point out?

--

@ 2023-08-29 22:59   ` Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-08-29 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher M. Miles; +Cc: Org-mode, stardiviner

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>
>> In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
>> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.
>>
>> But org-contrib still contains that file and the README at the new
>> location still contains
>>
>>> This source code is from [[https://github.com/tiagoweber][tiagoweber]].
>>
>> and
>>
>>> * Project status
>>>
>>> I put it in Org-mode contrib/ now.
>>
>> So... is this now being maintained by Stardiviner, at repo.or.cz,
>> or not?
>>
>> If so, please update the README at the new location and remove the
>> library from org-contrib.
>>
>>      Cheers,
>>      Jonas
>
> The new repo https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is maintained by me
> (stardiviner).

Yes, I know you are the maintainer now and that you maintain the
package at https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git.

However https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git/blob/HEAD:/README says:

,----
| * Project status
|
| I put it in Org-mode contrib/ now.
`----

I read this as "this package is being maintained in the "contrib/"
directory of Org-mode."  It seems to me, this should just be removed.

Further up in the same file it says:

,----
| * History
|
| This source code is from [[https://github.com/tiagoweber][tiagoweber]].
|
| - The first version is from [[http://tiagoweber.github.io/blog/entry1.html][here]].
| - The second version is from [[http://tiagoweber.github.io/blog/entry4.html][here]].
`----

This reads to me like "this is my personal fork of
https://github.com/tiagoweber".

How about replacing all that with?:

,----
| ob-spice is now being maintained at https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.
|
| This package was originally written by [[https://github.com/tiagoweber][Tiago Weber]].
| You can find more (potentially outdated) information by him about
| this package [[http://tiagoweber.github.io/blog/entry1.html][here]]
| and [[http://tiagoweber.github.io/blog/entry4.html][here]].
`----

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-29 23:02       ` Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-08-29 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher M. Miles; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, Org-mode, stardiviner

>> Stardiviner, the readme in your repository still claims that the package
>> is being maintained in two other locations.  Please remove that outdated
>> information.
>>

> I have not found claimed two other locations in my README. Maybe I
> missed out. Can you point out?

See my other message from a few minutes ago.

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-30  1:28     ` Christopher M. Miles
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2023-08-30  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: Org-mode, stardiviner

Thanks, Updated now.

--

@ 2023-08-30  5:20       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-30  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher M. Miles, Bastien; +Cc: Jonas Bernoulli, Org-mode

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Updated now.

Bastien, it looks like we can now remove ob-spice from org-contrib.
Please, confirm.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-30  7:46         ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2023-08-30  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Christopher M. Miles, Jonas Bernoulli, Org-mode

> "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks, Updated now.

> Bastien, it looks like we can now remove ob-spice from org-contrib.
> Please, confirm.

I do, thanks.

--
 Bastien Guerry

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-30 16:56           ` Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-08-30 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry, Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Christopher M. Miles, Org-mode

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks, Updated now.

>> Bastien, it looks like we can now remove ob-spice from org-contrib.
>> Please, confirm.
>
> I do, thanks.
>
> --
>  Bastien Guerry

     Thanks to all!

@ 2023-08-31  8:21           ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-31  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: Christopher M. Miles, Jonas Bernoulli, Org-mode

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> Bastien, it looks like we can now remove ob-spice from org-contrib.
>> Please, confirm.
>
> I do, thanks.

Committed. Note that ob-spice was _not_ listed in the README.
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/commit/be51e9833b4f3393f4003c88131ba0a0a172c10d

We may consider tagging a new release.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-08-31 17:11             ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2023-08-31 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Christopher M. Miles, Jonas Bernoulli, Org-mode

> Committed. Note that ob-spice was _not_ listed in the README.
> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/commit/be51e9833b4f3393f4003c88131ba0a0a172c10d

Indeed!

> We may consider tagging a new release.

Yes, please go ahead as you see fit.

--
 Bastien Guerry

* Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
@ 2023-09-01  9:30               ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-09-01  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: Christopher M. Miles, Jonas Bernoulli, Org-mode

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> We may consider tagging a new release.
>
> Yes, please go ahead as you see fit.

I made a minor release, because apparently org-contrib 0.4 supposed to
remove ob-spice.el already:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/commit/c6aef31ccfc7c4418c3b51e98f7c3bd8e255f5e6

https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/commit/dce101b4612e6deef814516779ce216e8eace569

--